• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wow, I can't wait to see how Greece ends up looking as well! :)

Edit: Looks like you will have more than enough room for multiple city-states!

Sure. My last map of the Peleponnesus (which disappeared in the HD crash) included Sparta, Messene, Elis, Tegea, Patras and Corinth, and I don't see why the second reincarnation wouldn't. ;)

Out of curiosity, where did you manage to get the projections you are using for your map? Or did you do it yourself?

I've been wanting to play around with my very own map that covers about the same amount of territory as the vanilla map (maybe even a little wider), but with an actual larger map so I can squeeze in more provinces for areas like Italy, Greece, and Gaul where there were tons of tribes/cities.

I scaled up a map of the Mediterranean region and copied a number of detailed maps to fit with it. Then I scaled down and rotated these maps to create a large map with high resolution.

Afaik, the map has hardcoded limits in EUR. RIMP managed to extend their map pretty far to the East, though, so the limits have to be far away from the normal boundaries. I'll have to test myself. :)

I scaled up a map of the Mediterranean region and copied a number of detailed maps to fit with it. Then I scaled down and rotated these maps to create a large map with high resolution.

Afaik, the map has hardcoded limits in EUR. RIMP managed to extend their map pretty far to the East, though, so the limits have to be far away from the normal boundaries. I'll have to test myself. :)

Wow, sounds like you did a lot of work to get the map just right.

I was hoping there was some super high-res map out there on the interwebz that could be used without too much fiddling. :(

Art and tasks that require art have never been my strong point, although I am more than capable of visualizing and ordering someone else to complete my vision. :D

Nah, it wasn't that hard. Anyway, you could use this one: http://img3.abload.de/img/ampmopeuropewjwn.jpg. :)

Sounds like you should start up a mod project, there's plenty of room for people with large visions around here, and a lot of people to boss around with as well. ;)

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Ok, now that is exactly what I was looking for!

Good God Descartes! I'm sending you a bill for one social life! :p

Google ftw. :p
You shouldn't send me a bill, you know. Game companies ruin peoples' social life too, and they get money for it!

In that case, it's time for you to do a Magna Mundi and PM Johan to start discussing making your very own game.

After you're done with your mod of course. ;)

I took that link and made it into something that should be workable for anyone interested in playing with that map.

Now I wonder if a map of that size and scale will actually "fit" and "work" in EU:Rome. :D

Last edited:
In that case, it's time for you to do a Magna Mundi and PM Johan to start discussing making your very own game.
It's easier to mod than to make a new game from scratch. :p

After you're done with your mod of course. ;)
I'll never be done with Imperium. ;)

I took that link and made it into something that should be workable for anyone interested in playing with that map.

Now I wonder if a map of that size and scale will actually "fit" and "work" in EU:Rome. :D
I don't see why it shouldn't, though the lag would probably be quite terrible.

It's easier to mod than to make a new game from scratch. :p

I'll never be done with Imperium. ;)

I don't see why it shouldn't, though the lag would probably be quite terrible.

Well it was more for someone to cut out portions of and use to their own free will.

Looking it over, I did a very sloppy job with "bucket fill" and managed to mangle most island chains and completely turned Corinth into a strait.

Going to remove that map and add up a new version. (on a separate thread, so as not to steal your thunder good sir!) :)

Yeah, it would be great to have a community-developed official version of EUR someday. A bit like FtG perhaps. :)
I'll keep a close watch on your thread. If we're lucky, some of the old modder sharks will take the bait. Even EU III players can be converted, you know (just look at Camara!). :D

Descartes said:
Even EU III players can be converted, you know (just look at Camara!). :D

I'm at a crossroads. And I've been there for a long time. This will probably be the mod that decides it. Unless I go playing some EU3 mods too. And get Arsenal of Democracy.
Looks like I'll be staying there after all.

Don't worry, you can play EUR and EU III at the same time. I do it myself. You can't mod two games at the same time, though, it's far too time-consuming. ;)

Who needs to mod EU3 any more with Magna Mundi now being fully developed? ;)

Inspired by Hardradi, I've taken the first steps towards a functional terrain map. A huge thanks goes to Modestus, who explained how to get a new colour map working in his post in Lofman's old thread on "minor map modifications".

2010-01-27.jpg