• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

P-51

Major
47 Badges
Jan 3, 2010
www.youtube.com
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Surviving Mars
  • Semper Fi
  • March of the Eagles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Magicka
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Knights of Honor
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Prison Architect
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Sengoku
  • For The Glory
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
I just finished a game after not playing this game for awhile and I got a new list of questions that hopefully someone will be around with answers for.

Manpower: Why does manpower always run out so fast, is there a good way to prevent this? I just played as Austria and I see that levels three and four of the Austrian Ideas are manpower modifiers. This is a big commitment though, is it worth it to spend so much time researching these four ideas for the manpower bonus?

Satellites: Is Prussia not allowed to cede Saxon provinces? This doesn't make much sense considering that I cannot directly negotiate with Saxony because they are satellites of Prussia. I'm trying to get Dresden as a land objective, so does this mean that the only way to acquire Dresden is to make Prussia give up Saxony in the peace agreements and then fight another war with Saxony after they are independent?

Supplies: I was just wondering what people do to keep their units supplied in other countries. Should all units have service groups? Maybe only units that are over a certain size?

While I'm on the subject of supplies, in what situations have you found it useful to build additional supply depots?

Well I only play mods for the game but I will try to help from what I do:

I can't really speak to the manpower issue sorry. Are your losing men and can't get more or is your army big and you can't recruit anymore?

I thought if you had a satellite with a dominance point it counts as under your control, but I might be wrong. And you are correct you cant gain or cede prov to your vassals except as a war peace (some mods out there help with this). And there is no way in the vanilla game to let a satellite free absent war i think.

I always have a supply wagon with my army unless its a large Calvary corps that I want to keep mobile and fast.

Is there a maximum army for each country? That may be what happened because once I went to war and started using men I was getting reinforcements. Is there a way to raise this maximum?

No I meant that as Austria I was trying to get Dresden, which did appear under the Land Dominance screen with a Prussian flag but is a Saxon province, but I could not demand Dresden from Prussia in the peace treaty.

That's good to know. Thank you!

The vanilla game is not really designed to be plated as a minor nation. I think the major gets all the war diplo actions.

You can edit/mod the manpower modifiers and province manpower levels.