• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alpetuur

alpetuur
67 Badges
Jun 11, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Magicka 2
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
Who has played this early access new game on Steam? it's like Victoria II but with many more things so it's like Victoria III.

Making History - The Great War: Take control as leader of one of the Great Powers during the era of the First World War and make the tough calls on how to manage your nation’s financial, technological, political and military decisions.

There is a demo on Steam too but it's still a bit buggy cause its early access.

steamlink : http://store.steampowered.com/app/279140/

Last edited:
Seems nice, but while it is certainly better in military area, I doubt is has the population and economy system as deep as Vicky2. It seems more to me like a wargame with a decent diplomacy.

I have it, but have not really played it that much. Have kind of been waiting for its completion.

It is turn based.

Another Great War turn based game to be recently released, is To End All Wars. By the looks of it (from the MP AAR going on in OT) it is rather well done. An AGEod game, though, so I suspect turn times to be long and not for everyone. It is also a game that is almost exclusively focused on the war aspect. Making History: The Great War has factory building, resources, a little trading... and you can play like every country in the world, I think, unlike in TEAW.

So basically, a better version of HoI3 with polish, better interface and better diplomacy/economy? Now I think I want this. :p

Well... I am not sure. Never really got into HoI, and Making history has not captured me yet either.

I tried the demo, but the game runs incredibly choppy I had to give up. The game looks interesting, especially the representation of empires, but I find it hard to figure out how to play the game. I think I'll have another go at it once it is finished.

Commander: The Great War is a really very good WW1 grand-strategy game. I think all of these games essentially validate the idea that, yes, you can make a good WW1 game.

Which brings me to the essential point: Vicky should be able to do WW1 properly. None of the Vicky games so far have, though, because they don't use move=attack and have such poorly developed combat/logistics mechanics.

Well... I am not sure. Never really got into HoI, and Making history has not captured me yet either.

I too never actually got deep into HoI, simply because I find WW2 and all that extremely and utterly boring (unless it is Japan and related theatres).

Now the Great War/WW1 and the conflicts of last old glorious empires is something I find myself extremely interested in, which is the only reason I feel attracted to this game.