• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(531342)

Magicka Wizard
1 Badges
Aug 1, 2012
  • Magicka
LAST EVENT HELD ON THE 13TH OF FEBRUARY

Hi Wizards and ordinary people,

It seems like many Magicka players want to share their experience with other players, but it's not that easy to find other players to play multiplayer together with at the time.
To do something about this I decided to put together a small multiplayer event. I figured out it will me much more likely to find other players if we have set times twice a week so players know when others are online, looking for additional players for PvP/Multiplayer etc.

There's not gonna be times that fit for all, due to time zones and other stuff, but let's give it a try! Feel free to play Magicka on whatever portal you want, Steam or not.

The multiplayer events are:

* Wednesdays at: 06:00 pm - 08:00 pm CET (18:00 - 20:00) Stockholm/Berlin/Paris UTC +1, GMT 05:00 PM - 07:00 PM
* Sundays at: 08:00 pm - 10:00 pm MST Colorado/Montana/Arizona UTC -7

I've chosen these times based on what countries have the biggest amount of Magicka players.

First event is going to be on the 5th of December, the one after that on the 9th of December.

If you are unsure about what time this will be, please use this time zone converter (link).
How to host a Magicka game (link).

Let's get online at the same time and have some fun :D

Yours,
Saxen

P.S I won't be able to answer any questions about bugs or ban misbehaving players during these events, thanks for understanding :3

Last edited:
Hi Purple,

Nice! Right now there's no official chat, it's more that I want people to know when other wizards are online so they can find someone to play with!

Yours,
Saxen

Last edited:
Hi guys,

Since I know many of you have problems connecting to multiplayer/online modes of Magicka, here's some quick fixes:

If you play on Steam:

1. Friend each other
2. Make sure your Steam chat status is set to "Away", NOT ONLINE
3. A) One of you start a game, the other one chooses "join game"
3. B) One of you start hosting an online game (adventure, challenge etc). The possibility to find each other's hosted games increases when chat status is set to "away".
3. C) Try connecting to a hosted game by IP. The person who hosts the game needs to know their own IP, and others can join by it. How to find out your IP: (link)
4. Have fun :D

Still not working?

Make sure your firewall is not blocking Magicka:
Firewall Setup:
—————–
Make sure you forward port 7331 to the IP address of your computer.
If you have a personal software firewall make sure you allow Magicka through it as well.

Available Games List:
(You need to understand this for the next section)
———————
When you go to online play the game automatically grabs a list of servers in the background and starts to contact each of them to pull down server information. Depending on your ISP upstream speed, location on the net, location of other hosts, and delay this may take about 1 minute to 1 minute 15 seconds to populate the list.

So while it appears nothing is going on..the game is busy contacting everyone.

Reducing delay/lag when first hosting:
————————————–
If you attempt to host a game at this point your PC is still receiving replies from other hosts because of the server listing screen. This will cause you to lag out a bit and increase your response times to players trying to join your game. This will result in players not being able to join because of time-outs.

To get rid of this delay/lag do the following:
* Go to your FILTER settings and change it to LAN.
* Change the delay <50. Click search.
* This will cause your listing to have nothing in it. But most importantly..you are no longer contacting everyone on the F’n list for updates.
* Wait 1 minute 30 seconds for all the previous responses to come in and clear out.

#IMPORTANT#
From this point on whenever you start Magicka and go to the online play section you will no longer poll for games, you will no longer have to wait to host a game, and your ping times will be back to normal for hosting.

Hosting a game:
—————-
!Once the above steps are done you can host your game.

* Make sure you select port 7331 so it matches the port forward you setup in your firewall.
* Host the game and wait in the Lobby.
* Note that players cannot join a running game. So you must wait in the lobby for other players before starting. If you start the game by yourself expecting people to join later, it’s not going to happen.
* After the lobby fills up explain the following rules:
1: Do not kill people or monsters until the NPC called VLAD leaves the screen. Doing so before that time may result in a crash.
2: Do not cross beams if possible. This may cause a crash
3: Try to avoid skipping cut-scenes. Doing so may result in a crash or lockup of the game.
4: If anyone gets stuck and cannot move the best thing to do is to start the game over again. You can just hit ESC and select QUIT. This will bring you back to the Lobby with everyone and you can try again. You could do restart but the blank screen freaks people out and they leave and things get messy.
5: Make sure everyone clicks ready.. then you may click Start.

Yours,
Saxen

Hi guys,

Thanks to all who showed up yesterday, looking for some multiplayer wiz biz!
Hopefully this event will grow each time, so players looking for help to complete chapters know when to go online to find some :D

Next time will be Sunday 08:00 pm - 10:00 pm MST Colorado/Montana/Arizona UTC -7

Since that is something like 04 am in the morning for us in Sweden, I will not be joining, but hopefully that will not be a problem.

Yours,
Saxen

Hi wizards,

This week there will be two multiplayer events as usual! The first one is on Wednesday at: 06:00 pm - 08:00 pm CET (18:00 - 20:00) Stockholm/Berlin/Paris UTC +1, GMT 05:00 PM - 07:00 PM. Be sure to tune in if you feel like some wiz biz with other players!

Cheers,
Saxen

multiplayermagicka.jpg

Want to play Magicka with some "friends"? Join the weekly multiplayer event tonight at 06:00 pm UTC +1!

Each week:
* Wednesdays at: 06:00 pm - 08:00 pm CET (18:00 - 20:00) Stockholm/Berlin/Paris UTC +1, GMT 05:00 PM - 07:00 PM
* Sundays at: 08:00 pm - 10:00 pm MST Colorado/Montana/Arizona UTC -7

See you on Steam,
Saxen

Hi guys,

I hope you had a nice winter holiday so far? Tonight it's time for some multiplayer wiz biz in the Steam group chat at 06:00 am UTC +1.
It's the best place to be if you want to find other Magicka players to help you out in difficult levels or if you feel like trying your hand at PvP!

See you on Steam tonight,
Saxen

Hey guys,

Thank you all wizards who showed up during the past weeks for some multiplayer wiz biz.

But because we don't believe this is the best format to bring players together, tonight's multiplayer event will be the last one. We might run events like these again in the future, but for now today will be the last. Thank you!