• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

hildoceras

Fossile en devenir
7 Badges
May 16, 2002
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
Someone asked me if FtG would run on a Mac OS. I have no idea on the question : the game has not been made for it but I don't know if it could, with a virtual machine or some kind of trick ... :confused:

Has anyone tried to play it on mac ? :) and how ? :eek:o

A virtual machine isn't a trick, it's a full Windows machine running inside the Mac OS. So it's no different to running FtG on Windows XP, for example. But you need to buy either VMware Fusion or Parallels, and also have a real copy of Windows to install and run inside it.

Whether Virtual programming www.vpltd.com ever released a native Mac OS version of FtG I don't know.

No need to install Windows on your mac, just go ahead and use CrossOverGames, http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxgames/
Let's you run windows games on a mac, works for me. :)

I've managed to install FTG using Crossover, including the 1.2 patch and AGCEEP 1.58, but when I try to run it, I get a madly flickering screen and can only just see the game screen behind lots of interference - how did you manage to get it to work? I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro running OS X 10.7. I can of course run FTG under bootcamp, but its a pain to have to reboot each time I want to play a game and I find the working with Windows a generally hideous experience...

I've managed to install FTG using Crossover, including the 1.2 patch and AGCEEP 1.58, but when I try to run it, I get a madly flickering screen and can only just see the game screen behind lots of interference - how did you manage to get it to work? I have an early 2008 Macbook Pro running OS X 10.7. I can of course run FTG under bootcamp, but its a pain to have to reboot each time I want to play a game and I find the working with Windows a generally hideous experience...

Actually that's the error I get if trying to boot in Full Screen mode (at 1440x900 resolution), in non full-screen mode (at 1024 x 768) I get the Critical (Windows) Error: Assertion Failed: Could no initialise video!" and then can get no further :-(

Actually that's the error I get if trying to boot in Full Screen mode (at 1440x900 resolution), in non full-screen mode (at 1024 x 768) I get the Critical (Windows) Error: Assertion Failed: Could no initialise video!" and then can get no further :-(
I don't know much about Macs, but running the game in windowed mode requires only 16-bit color; that error usually means you're in 32-bit color.