• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nasreen

Corporal
50 Badges
Nov 11, 2009
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Victoria 2
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Semper Fi
  • Sword of the Stars
So a friend of mine has this problem and we are completely clueless about what may be the issue causing it.

error.jpg

Thats a cut from the screen, whenever he launches, the launcher menu comes up like that. He tried reinstalling and checking with steam in case there was some integrity problem. None of this worked so far, so we assume its because of his computer. However his computer is far better than mine, has gpu drivers updated and latest version of DirectX. We looked around in forums but couldn't find anything close to it, so if anyone has a clue or any wild guesses on what may be the problem and/or how to fix it please do help us. Thanks for your time in advance.

Has the problem appeared after working normally a while, or did it happen right upon install?

If it has appeared after working normally at first, then when reinstalling did you delete the entire folder (storing saves elsewhere if any you wanted to keep) to make sure all files would be replaced?

Oh, its the first time ever he installed the game. But it did some odd things, as far as i got told and i assume... He installed NW first (not even sure if that is possible) and it weighted little leading to a speedy download. However for obvious reasons it didn't work, he reinstalled the game (which now weighted much more as it should) and this problem happened. At any rate will suggest him another reinstall making sure he obliterates the folder, thanks again. : )

Update: Reinstalling after erasing didn't work. I really am clueless, never had a similar problem with the game.

Last edited:
We tried using an older version of DirectX but didn't work either. Not only that but after reinstalling the newer version again, other games fail to launch. This makes me think that either he broke something in the process or the problem was outside M&B to begin with. Still will ask him that see if thats the issue.

At any rate, any wild suggestions on how to fix it are welcome, if we find a solution i will make sure that it ends posted here, should someone else have a similar problem in the future.