• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

grhayes

Recruit
6 Badges
Jul 16, 2014
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
While I like the concept of the game and a lot of its over all features some things just forced me to quit entirely.
The controls aren't intuitive swinging the mouse right to make the sword go left is just backwards. Yes, I know you allowed reversing the setting in the options.
Great but it should have been that way to start. But that didn't even do it for me.
What finally ended it was when I am riding a horse and can't shoot to the right. At first I thought it was a control issue then I realized no someone made this God offal choice to limit it. Why I don't know maybe they have some stupid notion you can't shoot that way. Funny never had a problem doing so hunting with a bow on a horse in my life time. It at most is a small adjustment to the riding position. Maybe some seriously obese or handicap individual might not be able to do. If one doesn't want to adjust their riding stance as much they can always turn their hips and fire with their bow more horizontal. Then of course there are those of us who are also ambidextrous who can take advantage of that as well.

There are a number of tactical reasons why you would want to be able to do shoot right. Like not to cross your own men's path. The people you are fighting on one side are using different weapons over the other. But number one of all is the game seems to all the time put you on the left side of your troops when it comes to your enemy so it would make sense to go around the enemies in that direction. If they wanted you to circle left then the game should put my troops to my left so I don't have to cross them.

I like the game though to the extent of why you tried to create. If those issue didn't keep nagging me I would probably continue playing it. But as it is if I could return it I would.