• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sethrian

Recruit
50 Badges
Jan 4, 2010
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
Just played a game as Lollard England in the 1399 scenario, and the Lollards need an outcome created for them at the end of the civil war.
- Choosing Cromwell force converts you to Reformed.
- Choosing the Parliament force converts to Protestant.
In case of a Royalist victory, the two options will force convert to either Protestant or Catholic.

On a side note:
The scenario is awesome, but the Ottomans need a buff, or the Timurids a nerf. The Ottomans almost always fail to conquer Byzantium.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Just played a game as Lollard England in the 1399 scenario, and the Lollards need an outcome created for them at the end of the civil war.
- Choosing Cromwell force converts you to Reformed.
- Choosing the Parliament force converts to Protestant.
In case of a Royalist victory, the two options will force convert to either Protestant or Catholic.

On a side note:
The scenario is awesome, but the Ottomans need a buff, or the Timurids a nerf. The Ottomans almost always fail to conquer Byzantium.
Hi there!

Appreciate the comments. I'm glad you are enjoying the 1399 scenario - it seems fairly popular on Discord!

I'll take a look at the ECW events. We have updated most events to allow for Lollardy (if you choose to stay Lollard later in the game) but you're correct that the ECW events tend to force you in a particular direction. I'll update these to assume the player could still be Lollard.

As for the Ottomans and Timurids... yeah, this is problematic and one of the main reasons why balance is so different between 1399 and 1419. At this time Timur was still alive and the Timurids were very powerful (they have quite a few strong leaders); conversely the Ottoman sultan was captured and killed, and they fell into complete collapse and a decade of civil war. It's really an aberration of history that the Ottomans ever managed to recover, let alone to the extent they did. This is very difficult to represent in the game, although they do get some nice buffs with the Ottoman Revival event.

It's difficult to balance, but in 1399 we wanted the Ottomans to be a hard start (which the scenario info states they are) and the Timurids to be very, very strong right off the bat - obviously things get harder once Timur dies. Historically they actually held together fairly well until the mid-15th century, at which point they began splintering and engaging in various civil wars between claimants.

I'll look into this for you, but the main point to remember here is that Ottoman fortunes are intentionally very different in 1399 than they are in the standard 1419 start.

• 2Like
Reactions:
If left AI the Ottomans will mount to nothing in the 1399 scenario bcos it simply can not survive.

Hi there!

Appreciate the comments. I'm glad you are enjoying the 1399 scenario - it seems fairly popular on Discord!

I'll take a look at the ECW events. We have updated most events to allow for Lollardy (if you choose to stay Lollard later in the game) but you're correct that the ECW events tend to force you in a particular direction. I'll update these to assume the player could still be Lollard.

As for the Ottomans and Timurids... yeah, this is problematic and one of the main reasons why balance is so different between 1399 and 1419. At this time Timur was still alive and the Timurids were very powerful (they have quite a few strong leaders); conversely the Ottoman sultan was captured and killed, and they fell into complete collapse and a decade of civil war. It's really an aberration of history that the Ottomans ever managed to recover, let alone to the extent they did. This is very difficult to represent in the game, although they do get some nice buffs with the Ottoman Revival event.

It's difficult to balance, but in 1399 we wanted the Ottomans to be a hard start (which the scenario info states they are) and the Timurids to be very, very strong right off the bat - obviously things get harder once Timur dies. Historically they actually held together fairly well until the mid-15th century, at which point they began splintering and engaging in various civil wars between claimants.

I'll look into this for you, but the main point to remember here is that Ottoman fortunes are intentionally very different in 1399 than they are in the standard 1419 start.

Thank you for the detailed answer and for taking a look at it!

I understand. The Ottomans went through their worst crisis at the time. Gameplay wise, it could be interesting, if they aren't the ones to emerge as the dominant power in that region every time, but I'm pretty sure having multiple powerful outcomes is even harder to pull off. It's just that as things are, the region remains divided all game, with countries like Austria and Venice encroaching in.

Reactions:
in AGCEEP several of the Ottomans neighbours (e.g. the Karamanids related by marriage to the Ottomans) have events to become the Ottomans under conditions.
So even if the Ottomans fail they might be reborn.

Reactions: