• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(31391)

Recruit
Jul 2, 2004
I succesfully converted the file from EU2 to Vic:Rev, and try to load it up in the game. But when I try to load it in Vic, there are no country flags to select, how do I fix this, and thus I can't load it, it seems to read the file ok (read: doesn't crash when I select the saved game), but I can't play it without flags. If I knew how to post files, I'd share it, but any pointers would be fantastic. Thanks.

Near the start of the file, there is a list of selectable countries (selectable = { ... } ).

Right below that, there should be (but apparently aren't) several entries like ENG = { }. Any selectable country is valid here. These are the shields that you see in the scenario loading screen. Put in as many of these as you want (vanilla scenarios have 11, but you only need one), and you're done.

By the way, you may need to do the editing in WordPad instead of Notepad, since Notepad displays little boxes where there should be new lines.