• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Murmurandus said:
Fish and chips! :D

I must confess that this sentence was the first that came to my mind. I was writting and got to that point and thought... my Gosh... what to say?

To be or not... mmmh... that Moorish bloke, Bill, the sheik of Speare, wrote it, methinks...

Sus y a ellos! (up and let's go after them!) mmmh... too Spanish for little Jude...

Money money money! mmmh... I don't see Judas a MC in a Cabaret... not yet, at least...

So...

I'm glad you all like it. :D

coz1 said:
Yeah, Judas got the laugh line. He should be happy. ;)

Judas has proved himself as a tremendous and wonderful reader, so he deserved to have a good line, at least one.

coz1 said:
Keep conquering regardless of what Castille says. Who the heck are they to stand in your way?

I wasn't going to stop, anyway... So... the Castillian king tells me to stop... I'll go to answer him at Burgos. I hope he doesn't mind I take some fellow friends with me.

A whole army, actually. :D

canonized said:
LOL where is that heresy speech from ? Is that another 40k reference ? XD And yes , fish and chips is as good as SANTIAGO Y ESPANA !

Yes, another 40k reference. It is a sentence said by Galan Noirgrim, methinks. An Inquisitor or something like that.

For me, good old Cardinal Petrus looks like that

pic4-big.jpg

And the good and charming Cardinal Ized

pic12-big.jpg

It's good to see that cardinals kick some ass...

Erm... No, Your Holiness, you heard me wrong. I wasn't promoting that clergymen should use violence, I know that it's against the canon law. I was just promoting Pax Dei* in the Iberian peninsula.

*Peace lasts better if your enemies are dead.

Peace through domination ! XD get them , kurt !!

Olaus Petrus said:
It's good to see that cardinals kick some ass...

It won't be the last time, I hope.

Olaus Petrus said:
Peace lasts better if your enemies are dead.

Very true... very true...

canonized said:
Peace through domination ! XD get them , kurt !!

Extermination, actually :D

I've just found this casually, and it's really strange to read the story in english :D :D . Anyway, althouth the story changes sligthly, It's still great. ;)

Spencer_123 said:
I've just found this casually, and it's really strange to read the story in english :D :D . Anyway, althouth the story changes sligthly, It's still great. ;)

Welcome home... Some changes, you see... I get carried out by my inspiration when I changed the language chip... :rofl:

DarkReborn said:
Yeah, the Cardinal-Inquisitor's speech was omitted from the original Spanish one.

There's no such thing as innocence, or so says my teacher.

:D

Mmmh... I have to give you a Cardinal, as I thought once... and I have the perfect candidate...

Profoundly charming

5th Chapter, 2nd Season
Saving Private Hispania...

Ironically, the conquset of Almansa and Murcia did not took place as planned. Even if the biggest part of the army was busy with the siege of Murcia, the first city to surrender was Almansa (novmber, 5th, 1889). As the puzzled witness of this event, the inmortal Jordi Shaka, wrote in his "Crònica de lo rei Fonsi" (the chronicle of the king Fonsi)

Dibujo-1.jpg

Simultaneous and free translation: Jordi Shaka, who came to the world in Santaco, (aka Santa Coloma, a charming Catalan city) is almost speechless. Had Shaka know a word of Norman, he would have said something in that language, but, as WTF wasn't either quite used in those days nor in the last edition of Oxford dictionary those days, alàs, he resorted to a more common international expression.​

The Moorish defenders of Murcia -the Murcimoors as Shaka called them in his writtings- resisted longer than their cousing from Almansa -the Almamoors- . Thus, it wasn't until December 1189 that the last heathen stronghold was conquered.

ScreenSave70.jpg

Meanwhile, the militar situation in the rest of Peninsula was as calm as if there was no war. The reason was that all the Christian kings were busy quarrelling again. The one to blame was Sancho VI of Navarra, who, bored because he had no border with the Moors, began to read too much, until he found his Visigothic roots. No one took him seriously... but Fernando II of León, who claimed that HE was the one to be the heir of the Visigothic kingdom, as his mother descended from the last Gothic king, Childerinc, son of Recesvint, son in his turn of Wittiz and brother of Erwig, who, in his turn, was the second brother-in-law of the cousin of third degree of the great grandfather of the mother of Roderick, the one who was defeated at Guadalete. Thus, it was that Childerinc the real last Visigothic king of Hispania.

However, there was a slight problem in this claim. The problem was Childerinc had an elder brother, who had, of course, a son who had a son who, alàs, gave birth to the branch of the family of the mother of the Castillian king VIII. Alfonso, thus, claimed that the was the real Imperator totius Hispaniae. That is, no one was more totis than him. In short, both Fernando and Alfonso were more Gothic that Roderick. Even if you allow me this, even more than Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley.

Of course, this was quite interesting for Alfons, as the mother of Fernando of Leon and Alfonso of Castilla was the sister of Afons's father, that is, her auntie.

541px-Petronila_Ramon_Berenguer.jpg

The dad and the mom of Alfons of Aragon

The king: -Steiner...
Steiner: -Yes, my liège?
The king: -If my auntie was of Visigothic blood... I am a Goth, too.
Lo Steiner: -Depending if you are more Visi than Gothic, m'lord...
The king: -Steiner...
Lo Steiner: -My lord... this is reall needed to say "I'm more Imperator than no one here"?
The king: -Ermm... ¿no?
Lo Steiner: -That's the point, my lord. Send your armies as far as Gibraltar and then point with your sword to the necks of your royal cousins. Then no one would doubt who is more Imperator and more totius and more Hispanae than you...
The king: -Imperator totis Hispanae... It sounds nice...
Lo Steiner: -Imperator or Hispanae?
The king: -Totis...
Lo Steiner: -You lucky bastard... er... you totis lucky Hispanae bastard, my liège...

Well, as it was in the mood of the time, Alfons claimed that he was the real claimant to the title of Imperator totis Hispanae, putting forward the Visigothic blood of his father, of his mother and the size of his armies.

ScreenSave76.jpg

I hate when a Pope cannot wait for me...

Thus they were boasting about their bloods when the Pope, bored of seeing that no Christain lord conquered Tunis for the True Faith, and paying attention to the advice of his spiritual adviser, Klovis, of the noble house of Cawdor, decided to freed Tunis from the deviation of filth and abomination of the weak Moslim rulers. Thus he said the old words ("If you want something done, do it yourself") and prayed aloud

Dear Lord, make me die or give me the grace of conquer this gang of sinners and render myself its master. Help me massacre this day, in the Name of the Lord.

The Christan armies, leaded by the Pope, sieged Tunis. Each morning they rised singing:

Mine eyes have seen the Glory of the Lord!
He will smite the filthy Heathen!
He will crush the deviant Horde!
He will be his shield and armour!
He will be his slaming sword!
As we go marching on!
Glory, glory the Poooooooooooopie!

Thus the Pope used to add in this moment "As I go purging on", at which point the Muslim defenders used to cover the sky with their arrows while shouting "Pruge you!". It is not clear if they did because they were at war of because they had a very keen musical sense and wre offended by the crusaders, but they did it, anway.

Anyway, the Pope didn't surrendred and called reinforcements from Rome. Thus he went, he conquered, he won. Klovis, more centered to the point, just said "the winner takes it all". The same very day that Tunis was conquered, the emir of Cordoba declared Holy war to Aragon and invaded Leon. Hardly a month later the Muslim armies had Salamanca under siege.

ScreenSave72.jpg

The southern front before the Muslim offensive

In that moment there came the Moor hosts that Alfons feared may break his sieges of Almansa and Murcia. Well, they were late, but they were, at least. So they were massacrated in the usual way, following the protocol and the rules. Traditions are there to be fulfilled, you know.

Thus, knowing that Salamanca was in danger and that the True Faith was in danger in Hispania, Alfons decided that it was time to fulfull his word. He would be the Imperator. And there can be only one. Thus he raised his armies and began his holy work.

Aww, how cute. The emo kids are competing who is most Goth.

And congratulations to your Holiness for conquering Tunis. I always believed that it will be a glorious victory to the Christendom. *Put's away huge banner, which says:

"POPE IS DEAD AND HIS FOOLISH WAR IN IRAQ... erm... I mean IN TUNISIA HAS COST THE LIVES OF THOUSANDS OF BRAVE ITALIAN SOLDIERS.

ELECT CARDINAL PETRUS FOR POPE AND HE WILL BRING THE CHANGE"*

How many goths does it take to screw in a light bulb ? Two , one to do it and one to say how goth he is for doing it XD .

Great update XD

Olaus Petrus said:
*Put's away huge banner, which says:

"POPE IS DEAD AND HIS FOOLISH WAR IN IRAQ... erm... I mean IN TUNISIA HAS COST THE LIVES OF THOUSANDS OF BRAVE ITALIAN SOLDIERS.

ELECT CARDINAL PETRUS FOR POPE AND HE WILL BRING THE CHANGE"*

I have plans for you, my dear Cardinal-Inquisitor... :D

Murmurandus said:
Good Goth... :eek: :D

And for you, too, my dear Marshal Primus... :D

canonized said:
How many goths does it take to screw in a light bulb ? Two , one to do it and one to say how goth he is for doing it XD .

Great update XD

When I was a boy, I was told that you needed a hundred Goths. One to do it and the rest to complain about how badly the Goth 1 was doing it :D

And there are plans for you, too, my dear Inquisitor-Cardinalized. :D

And, come on, Judas, say something, cause you're in the play, too. :rofl:

Actually, there is going to be another Holy Quest. This time, though, it's not going to be based on Apocalypse Now nor in any film. However, it's going to be... interesting. Some of you will dying to read the next chapter and some of you, well, some of you will be just dying, you know :D

AARtistically dying, of course...

6th Chapter, 2nd Season
Santiago y Cierra Hispania!!!!

Freeing Spain

or...

so, so...

As the historian Fernández de Heredia wrote in his "Crónica d'Espanya", the big Aragonese crusade began in a quite paradoxical way. The royal armies of Alfòns conquered with no problems Almería on January 28th, 1190. On the next day the crusade entered on the land of the sheik of La Mancha, which meant war with Cordoba, too. Thus, even the most untrained eye could see a big concentration of Muslim troops in Granada and Malaga. Alfons could noit allow this to take place if he wanted to march upon Burgos and Zamora.

ScreenSave82.jpg

The moors from Granada were the first ones to meet Alfons' rage on the battlefield. Three thousand of them were slaughtered in front of the city by nine thousand catalanoaragonese warriors in the most unclimatic battle ever seen -once the first charge took place, the Muslim army just vanished from the field and the rest of the battle was a Moor hunting, so to speak-. Thus came the siege of the city. Meanwhile, in the north, Ermengol of Urgell, leading another 9,000-strong army, wiped out the hosts of Abdul Razzaq, qthe ruler of La Mancha, who found himself surrouded in his citadel.

The funny side was a courtesy from Alfonso VIII of Castilla. Alfonso wrote a charming letter to the king of Aragon claiming that he -Alfòns of Aragon- was disturbing God's peace by entering into the Castillian area of conquest, as Alfonso of Castille considered that la Mancha and Granada, along with Almeria, rightfully belong to him. The Aragonese answer was quite simple. The war against the Infiedels had began some years ago and since then the borders of Castille had just moved southward just a few inches. With the diplomatic relations with Castille almost severed, Alfòns kept on marching on.

ScreenSave84.jpg

While the fighting was taking place in Andalusia, an army from Badajoz conquered Salamanca in May. At least Steiner and Alfons could have their armies free to march there once Granada and la Mancha were conquered in early June. It was time to take a look on the map. It look awfully bad.

Castille's borders were the old ones, while, on its part, Portugal was spreading with all haste sourthwards. León had surrounded the Muslim army at Salamanca and, once they had fixed them there, began to march southwards, conquering Badajoz and Cáceres. Alàs, the Muslim army at Salamanca did not understood that they were surrounded and supposed to die isolated. No way! They had gotten out of Salamanca, conquered Zamora and were marching upon León.

ScreenSave90.jpg

Then the king of Portugal died and the auld alliance between Aragon and Portugal expired.

ScreenSave95.jpg

-Here we are.. -Cardinal Petrus began.

-Because we are here -Cardinal Ized replied.

-Well... we have a problem, brethern... Our last attempt to get rid of Steiner failed, and we are here to agree how to do it this time and to punish the traitor who failed us.

-It wasn't my fault!!! -Judas shouted. He was tied to a stake, with a big amount of wood on his feet.

Petrus moved to him and told this

Petrus: -By shortening thy life, I am saving thy soul from committing more sins and thus receiving even great punishment...

Judas: -Even great!?!? What a SOB!

Petrus: But, if thou art innocent, accept your fate with Christan resignation...

Judas: You're sick in the head, cardinal! You brain is on a crooked path!

Cardinal Ized: Listen to his vile insults! You can do no more for him, my lord, since he has abused you goodness!

Petrus's followers (singing): Burn, baby, burn!

Judas: I call on the Great Mac-spirit to avenge my death!

Suddenly, a big noise was heard and a host of Mac-men and Cabeus-women rose from the earth, armed to their teeth, to free their companion.

-I hear you, my boy! -the big Mac-grandpa shouted- I am the Great Mac-Grandpa, voice of the Mac Nation, son of the Mac Mother! Through my bones, through my Blood, I will lead the revolt against the Scum of Steiner and the Dogs of Cardinal Petrus!

-Blasphemy! -Cardinal Petrus replied.

-I imbibe the Spirit of the Mac God so we may reclaim our heritage and our world!

The battle was harsh, a real carnage which ended in a stalemate. Once Judas was rescued by the Mac-horde, they withdrew. Now Cardinal Petrus had two dangerous enemies to fight and just Cardinal Ized to help.

But he was a holy and forgiving men. And he was on crusade.

Last edited:
ROFL ROFL . But he was a holy and forgiving man ROFL ROFL great irony XD nice chapter ! kick the moors out of the motherland , Kurt !

Congratulation Kurt (and Peti) I have selected you for Writer of the Week here. So come and suck the glory :D

I am sorry I have not posted, but I have been lurking here for about a week, so you might of noticed me.

and "Burn baby Burn" is a good song :cool:

canonized said:
ROFL ROFL . But he was a holy and forgiving man ROFL ROFL great irony XD nice chapter ! kick the moors out of the motherland , Kurt !

:D I plan to develop the new Crusader mind of our good Cardinal Petrus. Cardinal Ized too is going to play an important role, along with the new Arch-heretic Judas. And, as I need some other secondary roles, well, you know... :D

About the Moors, they're on the way!

comagoosie said:
and "Burn baby Burn" is a good song :cool:

Yes, I've noticed you, sir, and yes, it's a wonderful song. Perhaps Judas wasn't on the mood to notice it, but it's a good song. :D

I was a little Mac-fused by this update, but that's not new... ;) :D

Murmurandus said:
I was a little Mac-fused by this update, but that's not new... ;) :D

Well, in short, there are two parts: the narration of the game, and the paralel story where the Holy Fathers try to stop the Evil Steiner. Or is the other way round, the Evil Fathers trying to to stop the Holy Steiner?

Dunno now... Judas silence is odd... Mac-impressed, perhaps?

Kurt_Steiner said:
Well, in short, there are two parts: the narration of the game, and the paralel story where the Holy Fathers try to stop the Evil Steiner. Or is the other way round, the Evil Fathers trying to to stop the Holy Steiner?

Dunno now... Judas silence is odd... Mac-impressed, perhaps?

It's of course the paralel story which confuses me. I'm not that daft... :mad: ;) :D