License the Europa Engine, and get your work published on Gamersgate

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great!
Now I only need to hope someone who knows something about these stuff will make an improved Victoria.

I'm in shock. :eek:

Just... Wow.

Thanks Johan!

OHgamer said:
Hot Damn!!!

OHgamer, I guess it's time to have a little fun with Victoria, yes? :p :D

Count me in.....

Can devote 4 hours per week to any project.....

BTW -- 20 Years programming experience here.....

PM me with details of how i can help your project.

Corey

Is it ok to start threads in the "Paradox games" forum? I can start a new thread, but there are no other user threads there so I'm kinda reluctant.

I like to start a thread about how the community (covering multiple paradox games) can organize to make best use of this new opportunity given to us by paradox.

magdat said:
Is it ok to start threads in the "Paradox games" forum? I can start a new thread, but there are no other user threads there so I'm kinda reluctant.

No it's not, and you could potentially have your posting privileges removed if you do. I don't recommend it.

Hmm... Clio... One step closer!

Hardstuff said:
No it's not, and you could potentially have your posting privileges removed if you do. I don't recommend it.

Am I overlooking a forum that covers all Paradox games? I can imagine certain advantages if the people would tackle this across multiple games instead of doing a completely separate code mod for each game.

Niiice :D

*sacrafices a few virgins to Paradox*

more than excellent news!

Does releasing the code for games such as ARMA effectively mean that Paradox has/is/will be ceasing to support these games any longer?

So....how is this all gonna work then? Do only programmers 'need apply' for want of a better expresion?

HMS Enterprize said:
So....how is this all gonna work then? Do only programmers 'need apply' for want of a better expresion?

you will most likely want to have at least one person on any team that considers taking up Paradox' offer be conversant in programming in C++, which IIRC is the language the old engine sourcecode is based in.

basically, individuals and groups who take up a license agreement are going to become outsourced developers for Paradox, which means you or someone on your team will be responsible for working with the source code. Paradox' small staff of employees are not going to do it for you, most likely.

So in a sense, the basic minimum is going to be having someone, be it yourself or a team partner, who can develop or manipulate code.

Nice!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have an important email to send... :D

OH,

When you get your hands on the Contract/NDA from Paradox can you post the "gist" of it so those of us interested in Participating can understand the requirements/responsibilities.

Thanks

Corey

I would love some more information on the T&C.

I think there's a large group of us out there who would love to tinker with the engine, (and who knows, something good may come of that for all to be had!), but can't guarantee their C++ skills will be up to the challenge of a fully publishable group of modifications.

I program in the .NET set of languages (C#/VB primarily), and I think I could contribute to a project, but couldn't guarantee it without seeing the source-code first, particularly since I've never done game development (mostly client/server data access apps). I wouldn't want to sign up for a team without knowing I could provide some assistance to the development process, and wouldn't want to make a commitment to Paradox that I publish if I can't carry through on that.

So, is there some place where more information can be had from Paradox, and is there any other sort of documentation slated to be released with the engine source?

Status
Not open for further replies.