• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Yxklyx

Field Marshal
47 Badges
Jan 30, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
So, I've noticed that you can change the Crusade target to ANY kingdom on the map. If you join as a Norse Catholic, change the target to an Indian kingdom, win the crusade then play as your benefactor, wouldn't that be a simple method to get this achievement? What am I missing?

So, I've noticed that you can change the Crusade target to ANY kingdom on the map. If you join as a Norse Catholic, change the target to an Indian kingdom, win the crusade then play as your benefactor, wouldn't that be a simple method to get this achievement? What am I missing?

The specific mechanics for choosing Crusade targets are opaque, to say the least. But I think that diplomatic range is a factor. So, I suspect you will not be able to choose an Indian kingdom if that kingdom is out of diplo range from the Pope.

The specific mechanics for choosing Crusade targets are opaque, to say the least. But I think that diplomatic range is a factor. So, I suspect you will not be able to choose an Indian kingdom if that kingdom is out of diplo range from the Pope.

I've always seen these distant Kingdoms listed as choices but never tried choosing one to see what happens.

Reactions:
I think you can choose any target on the list (and the list definitely includes places in Mongolia, India, etc.). I've seriously thought about doing so, but haven't actually done so, and don't appear to have a usable save game at an appropriate time with which to test.

I'd think the difficult part would be the "win the Crusade" step. That's a long walk for everyone, with lots of attrition along the way... I guess if you pick a weak target kingdom with few co-religionists to help them defend, it ought to work.

I think you can choose any target on the list (and the list definitely includes places in Mongolia, India, etc.). I've seriously thought about doing so, but haven't actually done so, and don't appear to have a usable save game at an appropriate time with which to test.

I'd think the difficult part would be the "win the Crusade" step. That's a long walk for everyone, with lots of attrition along the way... I guess if you pick a weak target kingdom with few co-religionists to help them defend, it ought to work.

Lots of money and mercenaries/holy orders/retinues will do it. They will replenish along the way.