• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Originally posted by birch23
Gee and here I thought that a proposal was what came before a marriage....:D But I will make a suggestion...very much along the lines you laid.I will finish each country with the correct political observation(PA etc) and then add the elect/events (and possibilities)Then I will send them one by one to you and then you can script the event,which you can send to me along...actually I do not see any need for deleting the cabinets and move them all down to replacements as the events will be a simple trigger elect A or elect B (or vice versa)and then the player will make the election....and everyone is happy....:D (I am at least because it will make it much easier instead of the artificial democratic options......I will of course have to add the HOS to each election possibility to narrow down the replacement group.

Futhermore there will be no replacement ministers in 1936 (except Himmler) as I think that the player should be forced to be "stuck" with a possible impossible cabinet of which there were a lot.....:)

Notice however that in some cases we need to fiddle with the poltical directions...as you have seen in Rep Spain where I made all the anarchists LE and all the carlists NS...it doesn't seem to affect the game but it is needed to specify a certain political direction which the game do not hold.....as in Árgentine peronism will probably be LWR(not too sure of this yet)

As you have gotten Afghanistan and no elections are needed in that one I will make Albania (tomorrow) under the following guideline starts with Zog and then an election in 1939 (end of Zog) the possibilities here should be LWR/RS)) vs LC/PA this is to make sure that one of the two main guerilla rsistance groups rises to power there will then be an election in 1944 (one year ahead) between ST (Hoxha) and the LC/CE group (Albania had a vaque chanche of going democratic then but it never happened,Hoxha made sure of that....:)

Then you can write that event..:)

OK... AGREED :D But I'd still need to delete the elections and put them in the replacement pool IIRC. Otherwise we could have double elections triggering (1 by event & 1 by the game code).

Originally posted by 2Coats
I just wanted to pass on my thanks at the latest picpack. Truly awesome stuff from a group of awesome guys!!:)

Only just bothered to get it as Ive been laying off the HoI lately.

Thank again and all the best!

2Coats:)

I'm only collecting the goodies, BIG HUG to Birch23 first and foremost. But also to Frodon, Vladimir, Dibo, Halibutt and a BIIIIIG BUNCH of others.

Oops. I just found the question to my old post...

Originally posted by unknown

1) Inadequate Referrence
5000,Head of State,Hirohito,NA,NS FA PA LC CE RS,NA,NA,hirohito3_jap,x

'Emperor Showa'(Referring the Emperor with the era name of his rule) is sort of posthumous Buddhist name. Please be careful not to make the same error in Victoria.

OOOPS needs a little more info to this.,What do they mean by inadequate reference? is it the Showa name (I was wondering about that one myself....:)

Did you notice Japanese modified 'Emperor Showa' to 'Hirohito'? Japanese today called him 'Emperor Showa' because he was dead now. As he was living during HoI period, he have to be reffered by last name(Hirohito). (BTW, Japanese Imperial family doesn't have first name.)

2) Mistook someone else for right person
5172,Chief of Air Force,Toyoda Teijiro,38,PA,Vertical Envelopment Doctrine,Medium,Toyoda_Teijiro1_jap,x

Both name and pic referrence is modified.

2) do they mean that it is the wrong pics????? (I think the Toyoda is right I remember I got that from Aetius so we had an opportunity for both army and ministers)

Well, I found reference of Admiral Toyoda Soemu on Japanese site, but his career was inappropriate to put him on airforce post. On the other hand, Admiral Toyoda Teijiro took post of Chief of IJNA(Koukuu honbucho in Japanese) between 1938-1940.
So they thought you(Aetius?) mistook Soemu for Teijiro. Yes, wrong pic and last name.

Birch... I just though of something else... We could, for some countries even make up to 3/4/5 election possibilities with these events :D

Because we have the following texts to play around with:
ELECT LEFT
ELECT RIGHT
ELECT CONSERVATIVE PARTY (uk text)
ELECT LABOUR
KEEP CURRENT GOVERNMENT

For example... We could, for the UK have a 4 way election:
ELECT CONSERVATIVE PARTY (normal)
ELECT LABOUR (normal)
ELECT RIGHT (possibility to vote Oswald Mosely into office :D)
ELECT LEFT (possibility to vote leftists into office :D )

This would only be useful of course if the other opposing cabinets were actually formed in political parties. For example, I don't know is Mosely actually rallied in elections as a party.

all this actually makes the very complex Spanish schemes more likely to function properly.....we have been working a lot on this lately (Ivan,Vic and me)

So that thing about elections by event works? nice. :) Two points about Spain:

Do it as two-option event (Right or Left) for the 1938 Rep.Spain election, so that the player can't keep the multi-tolerance 1936 Largo Cabinet. :)

Also, couldn't we turn the "Commie Coup" event into a election? with all those new elections in Rep.Spain this event has little sense.

Using it as a three-option event will salve some elections for Nat.Spain. We can use only two elections instead of three for the pre-1940 elections.

Originally posted by Vulture

This would only be useful of course if the other opposing cabinets were actually formed in political parties. For example, I don't know is Mosely actually rallied in elections as a party.

Mosley's union of fascists abstained from the 1935 elections (but ran a vigourous campaign around the slogan "Fascism next time").

IIRC (Birch can probably correct me) there wasn't any next general election before the war. They might have participated in some byelection, and they did get quite decent results in some areas in the 1937 local elections (23 and 19 % in the best boroughs)

Query on new election program idea for birch and vulture

Hi to both to you guys
I have been reading your posts to each other on a new election idea for the game, sounds interesting, from my interpretations of what i have read on what is planned to be done, but in most of the posts written by you vulture there only seems to be two electoral options mentioned ELECT RIGHT or ELLECT LEFT not much mentioned about the the third option which of course is KEEP CURRENT GOVERNMENT which is why im asking about it, some time back i asked birch about elections for one of my fav countries Austria he was working on a a plan for special case countries which sounded interesting but now you vulture have a new proposal it seems for the whole election process for all countries, from what i read my concern comes from the fact the the KEEP CURRENT GOVERNMENT option may be outed please correct me if im wrong but i believe this must remain for a number of reasons, and one comes to mind ( this might be a long post so bare with me guys )the dreaded Japanese election bug which i know is being worked on for the next patch, i read a post in the General questions section by a member who was naturally upset by the fact that the bug had appeared in a game he was playing and Japan did not vote so there was no war with China he suggested that the election be hardcoded to make certain there was a election, whether he wanted it hardcoded so Japan voted right ( paternal autocrat ) i dont no (probably not ) but non the less that a election be hardcoded thats fine by me as long as it happens im happy to, but on the chance he was thinking that the election should be made to be hardcoded right ( Fascists ) so that war can begin this i do not agree with since as another member put it correctly if you turn back the hands of time history does not always go the same way, there are any number of things that may change, as game designers and as most or if not all game players no the reason why every one wants Japan to vote Right is so war breaks out this frees up huge resources ( oil & rubber )and if your a struggling European neutral its a god send and i have have played them as have most others but thats the great thing about this game you adapt, improvise and overcome, i have played the Czech Republic my economy is in the drink by 1937 the Japanese election finally rolls around in 1938 and they vote to KEEP CURRENT GOVERMENT its not till 1941 that they go Fascists but im not complaining thats life thats the game you roll with the punches ( of course i may be sounding bias since i have been pushing for a democratic election for Austria but i can live with that idea being canned to be fair to all in game terms) and if people dont like it tuff luck play Japan and vote Fascists yourself stop complaining that the AI does not vote the way you want it too, thats what i think , the bottom line is computer controlled countries or AI countries as well as human players should have the the third KEEP CURRENT GOV option, we need to have that random effect for the AI so that it has a 1 in 5 chance vote the opposite to history or keep the government in its current form, also if you decide to give every country a vote this could spell disaster for the Axis what happens if you the Germans vote and they get rid of the nazis in 1937 or in Russia they vote the communists out, this would throw the game into confusion i think, now like i said i may have read your posts wrong vulture so let me know.

one more thing i hope birch might help me here i wrote a post not long back about the American government i notice that both the Head of State and Head of Government are both under the US Presidents banner now being not a great expert on American political machinations i do know however that the Speaker of the house is a very powerful man in US circles would he not be at least a defacto Head of State with the US President as Head of Government, could this work for the US cabinet.

Regards TM1

OK... AGREED :D But I'd still need to delete the elections and put them in the replacement pool IIRC. Otherwise we could have double elections triggering (1 by event & 1 by the game code).

OOOPPS yep never thought of that...:) but why dont just copy the elections into elect A elect B event....I mean copy the whole list..that way you won't need them down in replacement(I think)or is it meant that when a player chooses for example elect A he will also have to fill in the cabinet....?

Been using my Oxford PAY to read code..:) and having spent an entire day in Oxford(via web) reading about Albania...gee and here I thought that one would be so easy...I kind of guess this actually is one of the more difficult political files.It is not so much about politics(actually that is just words put on the clans who fight each other bitterly in Albania..but I have been able to locate some of the missing pics,,including a new general....:)

Just to mention what I'm going through to satisfy this communituý I have been forced to read 155 pages of Hoxha's memoirs...... :p (well actually they were interresting...and they sure tell you straightaway that man was a total NUT) I've read some of Noli's books too....very interresting...and alas I discovered that a usual way to execute political opponents in Albania was(is) beating them to death with clubs....saves ammo it seems:mad: I will not enter into the disgusting details but I can assure you that not only is Albania Europe's forgotten country it is also a savage country.

Oops. I just found the question to my old post...

Did you notice Japanese modified 'Emperor Showa' to 'Hirohito'? Japanese today called him 'Emperor Showa' because he was dead now. As he was living during HoI period, he have to be reffered by last name(Hirohito). (BTW, Japanese Imperial family doesn't have first name.)

Well, I found reference of Admiral Toyoda Soemu on Japanese site, but his career was inappropriate to put him on airforce post. On the other hand, Admiral Toyoda Teijiro took post of Chief of IJNA(Koukuu honbucho in Japanese) between 1938-1940.
So they thought you(Aetius?) mistook Soemu for Teijiro. Yes, wrong pic and last name.

well I hope I have got it right with the latest Japanese file...:)

Birch... I just though of something else... We could, for some countries even make up to 3/4/5 election possibilities with these events :D

Because we have the following texts to play around with:
ELECT LEFT
ELECT RIGHT
ELECT CONSERVATIVE PARTY (uk text)
ELECT LABOUR
KEEP CURRENT GOVERNMENT

For example... We could, for the UK have a 4 way election:
ELECT CONSERVATIVE PARTY (normal)
ELECT LABOUR (normal)
ELECT RIGHT (possibility to vote Oswald Mosely into office :D)
ELECT LEFT (possibility to vote leftists into office :D )

I have been thinking about that because I'm going to need 3 election possibilities in the Albania event(1938)but can't we just write elect A elect B elect C etc.??????..and again placing the historical right one at top.Perhaps this can'tbe done because elect A means elect left and B elect right....but you are right we can use all 4 options and will have too I guess....:) BUT in each election type (especially for the democratic ones we will have to add the keep current gov.because replacement ministers causes dissent.....:)

I will not enter into the disgusting details but I can assure you that not only is Albania Europe's forgotten country it is also a savage country.

I thought Lichtenstein was Europe's forgotten country, but maybe I've been misinformed?

Originally posted by Ivan the red
So that thing about elections by event works? nice. :) Two points about Spain:

Do it as two-option event (Right or Left) for the 1938 Rep.Spain election, so that the player can't keep the multi-tolerance 1936 Largo Cabinet. :)

Also, couldn't we turn the "Commie Coup" event into a election? with all those new elections in Rep.Spain this event has little sense.

Using it as a three-option event will salve some elections for Nat.Spain. We can use only two elections instead of three for the pre-1940 elections.

The elections in Spain will need all options although I think that your 4 way option for Nat Spain is very interresting for the player

Originally posted by Frodon
Mosley's union of fascists abstained from the 1935 elections (but ran a vigourous campaign around the slogan "Fascism next time").

IIRC (Birch can probably correct me) there wasn't any next general election before the war. They might have participated in some byelection, and they did get quite decent results in some areas in the 1937 local elections (23 and 19 % in the best boroughs)

You're right his party never ran in a general election.Curiously enough I know a great deal about the Mosley family because his son Max Mosley (now head of FIA) was one of the founders of the March Formula 1 team way back when we were all young(er) and when I toured the globe with the F1 circus so we actually got to know each other very good then.He is a really nice guy.About Oswald Mosley...well it was first and foremost his wife who led him into the "rattrap".It might be of some notion that he is still ranked in the top 10 for IQ....:)(in Britain)

I believe he has some RL work and computer problems :D Hey give the man a break for a second :) He worked for months straight ;)

heheh..yes actually for more than a year by now....:) you are right this time of the year is the busiest for my company so I'm spending quite long hours at work....which again means a LOT of paperwork when I get home....:(

Re: Query on new election program idea for birch and vulture

Originally posted by TM1
Hi to both to you guys
I have been reading your posts to each other on a new election idea for the game, sounds interesting, from my interpretations of what i have read on what is planned to be done, but in most of the posts written by you vulture there only seems to be two electoral options mentioned ELECT RIGHT or ELLECT LEFT not much mentioned about the the third option which of course is KEEP CURRENT GOVERNMENT which is why im asking about it, some time back i asked birch about elections for one of my fav countries Austria he was working on a a plan for special case countries which sounded interesting but now you vulture have a new proposal it seems for the whole election process for all countries, from what i read my concern comes from the fact the the KEEP CURRENT GOVERNMENT option may be outed please correct me if im wrong but i believe this must remain for a number of reasons, and one comes to mind ( this might be a long post so bare with me guys )the dreaded Japanese election bug which i know is being worked on for the next patch, i read a post in the General questions section by a member who was naturally upset by the fact that the bug had appeared in a game he was playing and Japan did not vote so there was no war with China he suggested that the election be hardcoded to make certain there was a election, whether he wanted it hardcoded so Japan voted right ( paternal autocrat ) i dont no (probably not ) but non the less that a election be hardcoded thats fine by me as long as it happens im happy to, but on the chance he was thinking that the election should be made to be hardcoded right ( Fascists ) so that war can begin this i do not agree with since as another member put it correctly if you turn back the hands of time history does not always go the same way, there are any number of things that may change, as game designers and as most or if not all game players no the reason why every one wants Japan to vote Right is so war breaks out this frees up huge resources ( oil & rubber )and if your a struggling European neutral its a god send and i have have played them as have most others but thats the great thing about this game you adapt, improvise and overcome, i have played the Czech Republic my economy is in the drink by 1937 the Japanese election finally rolls around in 1938 and they vote to KEEP CURRENT GOVERMENT its not till 1941 that they go Fascists but im not complaining thats life thats the game you roll with the punches ( of course i may be sounding bias since i have been pushing for a democratic election for Austria but i can live with that idea being canned to be fair to all in game terms) and if people dont like it tuff luck play Japan and vote Fascists yourself stop complaining that the AI does not vote the way you want it too, thats what i think , the bottom line is computer controlled countries or AI countries as well as human players should have the the third KEEP CURRENT GOV option, we need to have that random effect for the AI so that it has a 1 in 5 chance vote the opposite to history or keep the government in its current form, also if you decide to give every country a vote this could spell disaster for the Axis what happens if you the Germans vote and they get rid of the nazis in 1937 or in Russia they vote the communists out, this would throw the game into confusion i think, now like i said i may have read your posts wrong vulture so let me know.

one more thing i hope birch might help me here i wrote a post not long back about the American government i notice that both the Head of State and Head of Government are both under the US Presidents banner now being not a great expert on American political machinations i do know however that the Speaker of the house is a very powerful man in US circles would he not be at least a defacto Head of State with the US President as Head of Government, could this work for the US cabinet.

Regards TM1

That was a loooonng one....:) As you can read above I have said that keep current gov must be kept for democratic countries because of the dissent.Well...not all countries will have elections Germany and Soviet won't have those..they are needed for the game to function as it does.I have been tinkling with the idea of having a democratic option in Germany but I let it fall so the player will have to use cheat to change the gov.(but for that I have actually pulled a lot of new minister replacements together....:)and you will have your democratic option in Austria too the first election in 1938 will be between Seyss-Inquart (NS gov)and Schussnigg (Austria remains PA)the second election in Austria will be between Renner and the commies and I will have to push that back to 1944 to give the player some time to change sides...here the Keep Current Gov is vital too.(actually I will have to use 1944 instead of 1945 for a lot of countries)

USA: Well the Speaker of the House is as I recall no.3 in the succession but has not really a lot of influence on the government politics. Trouble is that the USA do not have a Prime Minister and I guess the closest you actually will come to that is the Chief of White House Staff(usually a very powerful man)But the Presidency of the USA is so strong that I think it will be the best to keep the President as HOG too.

But this whole scheme is actually wonderful....for the first time we will really have the option to make all the changes in Eastern Europe and Italy happen.

(I should NOT have started with Albania though...that one is difficult....)

Originally posted by anti_strunt
I thought Lichtenstein was Europe's forgotten country, but maybe I've been misinformed?

:rofl: yes I think you can say that too....but in contrast to Albania Liechtenstein is sort of a Sleeping Beauty Country...:)