• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
At long last, an update.

GXRWBn.jpg

Not done - I never seem to actually finish anything - but coming along nicely.

And a couple hours later:

WXNb0C.jpg

Needs a gloss coat, some decals (which I'll need to find somewhere or make), some weathering, and a dull coat to seal it all it.

I'm going to decal it as a Kittery Borderers mech. I'm working on a company. This is number 9 (meaning that it's the 9th mech that I've built out of the 12 that I need - I know it has an 8 on it). I know the stripes are apocryphal, but I like them. Maybe it's their parade scheme or something.

Last edited:
And here's another addition to the Fire Lance:

dnnUhD.jpg

Not done, but coming along. The color scheme looks weird because the white is glossy and the green is flat. That's just because I ran out of flat white and we're in the middle of the apocalypse. It'll all blend together when I hit it with a dull coat.

Also, a question - anyone recall where the MLs and LRM 5 racks were located on the Longbow?

I know the stripes are apocryphal, but I like them. Maybe it's their parade scheme or something.
The stripes makes the whole 'Mech. Good call on your part there.
Also, a question - anyone recall where the MLs and LRM 5 racks were located on the Longbow?
LT and RT, according to TRO:3058 (for the LGB-7Q).

Couple more of the WiP Longbow:

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200501002250711_COVER.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200501002309179_COVER.jpg

Got some odds and ends to take care of, plus some painting and weathering. I got some new metallic paint that's working great. I'm debating if I want to take the trouble to add a pair of MLs and a pair of LRM 5s. Probably not at this point. The missile bays are empty, too. I made one LRM 20 and filled in a bunch of missiles, but without a drill press I couldn't get things as straight and even as I wanted. For now I think I'll just leave the bays closed. I can pop them off and add missiles if I ever feel like it.

• 1Love
Reactions:
Decisions, decisions...

A Longbow has LRM 5s and MLs in the torsos, but I don't subscribe to the position - widely held among mech designers - that a missile launcher and a shoulder joint can occupy the same space. That means that the LRMs pretty much have to go on the roof, but that means the elimination of the iconic Longbow light tower. Or is it a stupid light tower? It's not often that I can't decide if something is iconic or stupid, but this is one of those times.

Here's a shot of the rooftop missile launchers. I think they're growing on me. I haven't decided where to insert the MLs - really should have done all this before I assembled the thing - but they're small. I'll put them somewhere.

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200501232331532_COVER.jpg

And one showing off my FedCom decal...

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200502001511811_COVER.jpg

And bit more decaling...

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200502001321776_COVER.jpg

Here's a bit more progress on the Longbow, along with my Shadow Hawk finally assembled, and some generic 1/72 sci fi dudes for scale. The Davion red, white, and blue looks a bit more like the Pepsi logo than I'm comfortable with, but I think weathering will tone it down and blend it in.

IMG_20200509_130616.jpg

And here's what I picked for some morale-boosting nose art. When I get up the nerve I'll paint a name on there. I'm debating between Red Devil and Red Hot.

MVIMG_20200509_024723.jpg