• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Wonderful end! I'm going to be sad that there will be no more Zog to read.

Might I suggest Yemen or Oman? ;)

Thanks!

I did actually look at Oman recently, but I had trouble getting them aligned to the faction I wanted since they start totally in the Allies' corner. There were also some issues with them only having 5 base IC, something I thought odd as up till then I had taken 11 as the minimum. Even countries like Albania that have no actual ICs in any of their provinces still get 11 as the base, but Oman didn't.

Another amusing note about Oman is that you can make the Sultan the man in charge of 6 of the other Minister positions, which must be a record. I think I've only seen Mussolini with close to that many.

Gaaaah... I was at 997 posts last time I looked, and now I've gone over 1,000 so I missed watching it roll over. Now it will be a long road to 10,000!

I was looking at Oman, too, and also noticed the problem with 5 IC. I use them as a placeholder when I want to run one of my games on auto-pilot, to see how my build strategies pan out (USSR in 1942+ is fun to watch expand from Oman's position -- no annoying battle summaries every 4.2 seconds...).

Well done, too bad about the American invasion but that too makes it interesting how you handle setbacks.

Great AAR eqqman, thanks for your efforts.

You still had me going with the late dash for Moscow. :)

Thanks! That attack went well enough that I was left wondering if I would have been better off just spending all of 1946 building up and then pushing along a board front in Russia, but it was fun seeing my men reach out and nearly make it. I don't mind a defeat once in a while, it keeps the game fresh.

A most excellent and entertaining AAR, not to mention a mammoth performance by (once was) little Albania!

Welcome, and thanks!

I had been thinking Albania might be the hardest country or tied for the hardest to play, but I think that title might end up going to Haiti or the Dominican Republic. Even if you end up conquering anything by hook or by crook, your benefits are gravely reduced due to the penalties of having all overseas possessions, and with just a single province to start with, you won't get very far even if you attempted to industrialize.

You wouldn't have won Russia even with Moscow. The Soviets would keep fighting. In my last game a Nationalist Spain, Leningrad was taken, Moscow fell, followed by Jaroslav, followed by Archangel, and then Stalingrad, sometime German Marines from Norway captured Murmansk, and the Baku Oilfields were seized, but they kept fighting. If anything, since our units were starved of supplies, the Soviets could have devastated us with a counteroffensive. But all they did was local actions, almost cutting off and surrounding the two corps I sent east that were making a run for the new capital somewhere. Mostly I was occupied with numerous invasions in Belgium, the Netherlands and the Balkans by UK.

You wouldn't have won Russia even with Moscow.

You're right of course, but I would have claimed a moral victory!

I don't think that is true in all cases. Look at msplastic's Lithuanian AAR, he captured less than you claim you did and was able to annex the whole thing.

Yes, for a 'quick' victory, you also have to get at least Vladivostok, which is usually about all the Japanese are good for.

I don't think that is true in all cases. Look at msplastic's Lithuanian AAR, he captured less than you claim you did and was able to annex the whole thing.

I'll upload an image later, then.

Fantastic! You made me lough several times.

I only hope the game is properly patched so that these absurdities are no longer possible.
Of course weird things can always happen, but I do not think this is what we want
from this game.

Welcome, and thanks for reading! As for the weirdness, maybe not so much for Germany, but as Albania, why not?

Bleeping hilarious, had me going every second of the way. Thanks to your AAR, I've burned away most of my work day. Now, if my wife kicks me out of the house - I know who to blame! :happy:

Seriously, though - I loved this read, very well done. I hope to get a chance to read more of your awesome experiments!

Yaaaaargh, where did that image get to in my files? Zzz. I forgot about that.

But yeah. Vladivostock has a 10VP. In my game Japan didn't declare war because they were losing horribly in China.

Great AAr! am reading through it, had to comment here.

I'm putting this quote down to one of the best quotes ever on Paradox :D
..and utterly fitting the subject ;)

'Whats an Empire when you do not have Albainia. Absolutely nothing!

Therefore you are already ahead. ' - geo44241

This is an excellent AAR. It's very well written and your strategy of joining a faction, DOW, puppeting and then conquering using those puppets isn't something that I would think to do. Props to you, this is fantastic!

Easily the best and most informative AAR I've read on this forum. Highly entertaining and I, for one, am glad this option is available to small countries that have no real hope of achieving much without it. If someone doesn't want to play this way, no one is holding a gun to their head (... or wait ... are they? :eek:hmy: )

Your war with China made me smile. I started playing HoI3 as Nationalist China, based upon a wiki tutorial. Then I switched to Japan, whose first order of business it to attack China. I thought all the fighting in the game was going to be that difficult. Interestingly, I moved to another continent and found the game much easier. :)

Bleeping hilarious, had me going every second of the way. Thanks to your AAR, I've burned away most of my work day. Now, if my wife kicks me out of the house - I know who to blame! :happy:

Seriously, though - I loved this read, very well done. I hope to get a chance to read more of your awesome experiments!

Great AAr! am reading through it, had to comment here.

I'm putting this quote down to one of the best quotes ever on Paradox :D
..and utterly fitting the subject ;)

'Whats an Empire when you do not have Albainia. Absolutely nothing!

Therefore you are already ahead. ' - geo44241

Easily the best and most informative AAR I've read on this forum. Highly entertaining and I, for one, am glad this option is available to small countries that have no real hope of achieving much without it. If someone doesn't want to play this way, no one is holding a gun to their head (... or wait ... are they? :eek:hmy: )

Your war with China made me smile. I started playing HoI3 as Nationalist China, based upon a wiki tutorial. Then I switched to Japan, whose first order of business it to attack China. I thought all the fighting in the game was going to be that difficult. Interestingly, I moved to another continent and found the game much easier. :)

Welcome, and thank you for all your warm comments. I'd also like to thank everyone who voted for this AAR in the 2011 Iron HeAARt awards. Thanks!

It's a shame that all good things must come to an end :)

Last edited: