• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
There still is one very heavy bug about the german land doctrine. It seems that the decision "The Kaiser´s Decision" about which land doctrine is chosen still does not close off the previous doctrine path. This leads to a germany that has 2 doctrine paths and organisation and morale well over the hundreds in 1941. This plays heavily into killing any chance of succeeding against the german giant and explains why the CoF almost always fails in their war.

I have a quick question - why is a Commune of France AI Field Marshall trapped in one province in the Swiss Alps able to control 340 divisions (the numbers were actually 78/340 - but he still had the possibility)? I mean, I had a very similar Field Marshall attacking (Xavier), they both had the exact same traits/exp/skill, and yet my Xavier was only able to control some 36 divisions properly. Is there something we should know, apart from the already obvious that the AI cheats big time?

Edit: The Korean revolt doesn't give Korea any VPs and considers the Korean capital under Japanese occupation, so Japan is able to re-annex Korea within a couple of hours of the revolt.

Last edited:
I have a quick question - why is a Commune of France AI Field Marshall trapped in one province in the Swiss Alps able to control 340 divisions (the numbers were actually 78/340 - but he still had the possibility)? I mean, I had a very similar Field Marshall attacking (Xavier), they both had the exact same traits/exp/skill, and yet my Xavier was only able to control some 36 divisions properly. Is there something we should know, apart from the already obvious that the AI cheats big time?

Edit: The Korean revolt doesn't give Korea any VPs and considers the Korean capital under Japanese occupation, so Japan is able to re-annex Korea within a couple of hours of the revolt.

Problem with Korea will be resolved in a next. If you want quick fix of problems with Korea immediately , check this : http://cs.servegame.com/kaiserreich/showthread.php?tid=335&pid=6603#pid6603

Does Canada usually invade Britain succesfully? Are there events for Russia's victory against Middle Europe? When will Kaiserreich get it's own board within DH?

Kaiserreich already has his very own forum, just not on DH.

Does Canada usually invade Britain succesfully? Are there events for Russia's victory against Middle Europe? When will Kaiserreich get it's own board within DH?

1. It happens. 2. Yes. 3. I don't think we will get one, since we already have our own great forum. cs.servegame.com/kaiserreich

Ok here's another weird occurance. Playing Russia, I chose to elect Dmitri as Head of Government. That worked out fine, and was able to beat the dissent pretty fast. But when I tried to chose a Markov, and initiate Free Market reforms, I got 46% dissent. Which after a month triggered the Soviet revolution. I opted to negotiate, and that killed my dissent immediatly, and made me into a Social Liberal state with Cherngov (or who ever as my head of state) every other part of my cabinate was the same. Which was cool with me, but then for some reason I got an event making Dmitri back into head of state.

The next event said something like "dmitri had been running a successful government for a year now who will take the crown..." Well, except he nearly three months ago was forced to give power to the Soviets! :p

So I chose to create a constitutional Monarchy under Kyril Romanov, but about a week later I got a repeat of the Dmitri is head of state event.

Props to this mod for creating a Russian political system so devilishly complex....:p

Ok here's another weird occurance. Playing Russia, I chose to elect Dmitri as Head of Government. That worked out fine, and was able to beat the dissent pretty fast. But when I tried to chose a Markov, and initiate Free Market reforms, I got 46% dissent. Which after a month triggered the Soviet revolution. I opted to negotiate, and that killed my dissent immediatly, and made me into a Social Liberal state with Cherngov (or who ever as my head of state) every other part of my cabinate was the same. Which was cool with me, but then for some reason I got an event making Dmitri back into head of state.

The next event said something like "dmitri had been running a successful government for a year now who will take the crown..." Well, except he nearly three months ago was forced to give power to the Soviets! :p

So I chose to create a constitutional Monarchy under Kyril Romanov, but about a week later I got a repeat of the Dmitri is head of state event.

Props to this mod for creating a Russian political system so devilishly complex....:p

Seems like Dmitri is unwilling to let the crown go to others :D

Problems are with flag since there are few events in russian domestic.txt that are intended to keep HoS in their place - I will try to fix this issue....

Seems you have some troubles with your hosting. The megaupload stopped dead and later was interupted by the provider on 157/214 MB. Hotfile got to 213/214 MB and 2 sec left when it just stopped downloading. Still not cancelled or anything a few min later, but nothing happens.

So it seems the third link worked. Way faster too. And it completed.

One minor complaint I have is the number of 'dead ends' in event paths. Most major countries have events about every little thing but a country like Mongolia will eventually run out of event-driven ways of expansion.

Overall map production has been greatly increased but resources wise, it is really scarce. It might be intended for certain country but I tried a game as MittleAfrika and it is just unplayable. After 2 months you drop at 3 production then even the mighty German empire cannot fuel your metal requirement (-90 when I remember well).

Qing Empire needs more generals to fulfill its destiny!! :)

I had a good game as Commune of France, I really like that in this game there is a lot of different paths to try to win. Commune of France is great because it is a nation that has one goal and only one of destroying Germany. I have been trying to play as a very early agressor. I would chose the Tank Proponent, and then Sorelians for just about everything else. The first time I tried it, I was at war in 1937 with that early labor union event (the germans were at the gates of paris pretty quick). The next time, I didn't get that event so I had a little time to build up. The second time, I was watching Germany very closely but there was a weird mix up.

White Ruthenia murdered Sigismond I think and Germany kicked them out of Mitteleuropa, but White Ruthenia was still a puppet. Poland which had absorbed Galicia and was a puppet of Austria must of had some event to Attack Ruthenia. But what happened is that Germany still rode to the Ruthenians defense. Austria oddly didn't join the war even though it was their puppet that was attacked.

Being france I saw that the Germans numbers were very low in the west as they were fighting Poland, Serbia, Romania and Greece all at the same time so I decided to launch an attack. I had built mainly tank armies, and I followed a reverse Schiefflen plan. These two things didn't work out, because soon my armies were fighting a never ending siege of Brussels. I had huge numerical superiority, but the entrenched Germans put up a big fight. Their Airforce was good too.

About a 3 months into it I was out of man power. At that point I realised that I had to do a rush for Berlin. Which my tank armies did handily. Except stupid me, never thought of what I would do after I capture Berlin. so I just kind wandered around Germany with my tanks, instead of focusing on the still entrenched Western forces or the southern victory points.

Lesson learned, France needs absolutely every manpower point possible. I loaded up as the Germans, and they were at 800 manpower, but were building forts, infrastructure, and factories and 3 fighters. Which while a sign of the bad AI, I am thankful for. Still I don't understand why chosing a Sorelian Intelligence officer makes you lose 50 Man power, or why Marceau Privert makes you gain 100 man power. Since the France starts out pretty low on man power, it is easy to almost wipe out your pool before war even starts.

Next time I am not going to send volunteers to any foreign revolution. And the Phanastre is going to get much less of my industry. :)

I had a good game as Commune of France, I really like that in this game there is a lot of different paths to try to win. Commune of France is great because it is a nation that has one goal and only one of destroying Germany. I have been trying to play as a very early agressor. I would chose the Tank Proponent, and then Sorelians for just about everything else. The first time I tried it, I was at war in 1937 with that early labor union event (the germans were at the gates of paris pretty quick). The next time, I didn't get that event so I had a little time to build up. The second time, I was watching Germany very closely but there was a weird mix up.

White Ruthenia murdered Sigismond I think and Germany kicked them out of Mitteleuropa, but White Ruthenia was still a puppet. Poland which had absorbed Galicia and was a puppet of Austria must of had some event to Attack Ruthenia. But what happened is that Germany still rode to the Ruthenians defense. Austria oddly didn't join the war even though it was their puppet that was attacked.

Being france I saw that the Germans numbers were very low in the west as they were fighting Poland, Serbia, Romania and Greece all at the same time so I decided to launch an attack. I had built mainly tank armies, and I followed a reverse Schiefflen plan. These two things didn't work out, because soon my armies were fighting a never ending siege of Brussels. I had huge numerical superiority, but the entrenched Germans put up a big fight. Their Airforce was good too.

About a 3 months into it I was out of man power. At that point I realised that I had to do a rush for Berlin. Which my tank armies did handily. Except stupid me, never thought of what I would do after I capture Berlin. so I just kind wandered around Germany with my tanks, instead of focusing on the still entrenched Western forces or the southern victory points.

Lesson learned, France needs absolutely every manpower point possible. I loaded up as the Germans, and they were at 800 manpower, but were building forts, infrastructure, and factories and 3 fighters. Which while a sign of the bad AI, I am thankful for. Still I don't understand why chosing a Sorelian Intelligence officer makes you lose 50 Man power, or why Marceau Privert makes you gain 100 man power. Since the France starts out pretty low on man power, it is easy to almost wipe out your pool before war even starts.

Next time I am not going to send volunteers to any foreign revolution. And the Phanastre is going to get much less of my industry. :)

COF low manpower is just representing that France lost a lot of men in the Weltkrieg I think more then they did in the historical WWI as for why you lose manpower with some intel choices could be killing supposed spies as why some gain manpower I do not have a good reason for why that happens.

Just been having great fun as Canada in the mod, I'm a little lost though.

I get the impression that Canada is forced to go to war with the US, be it at one of the faction during the civil war or at war with the US itself or even at war with all the faction and US. At the same time there is a large focus on retaking the British Isles.

Does anyone have any advice on how to play as Canada? There are a lot of pros for going against the US but at the same time there is A. No guarantee they will join your side. B. War with the US is very tough as manpower is very bad. C. You could get bogged down in the US while the Union of Britain and Com France tear apart the Germans, your perfect time to strike.

One other things. I understand that a lot of Brits ran from Britain too Canada, but why is the manpower level so small? Great mod though, a lot of fun, I'm even thinking about doing an AAR for it.

Excellent mod, I've enjoyed it immensely! Trying to win an early war as Shangqing Tianguo. War against the western warlords, distance is my greatest enemy. Ill defeat an army, but by the time my own army moves into the province, they are completely exhausted, and thus defeated. So to mitigate I just cycle out armies, use 1 army to win the province, and a different army that sat out the initial fighting to move in.

Trying a new tactic of early war v. the Qing. There are some great events if you take certain provinces you get more militia.

This is pretty difficult, tried massing militia in 1 game and then tried massing regular infantry in another. Qing is pretty hard to deal with. I've noticed that if you get rear area supply dumps, you can take a province, then strategically redeploy into it as a means of quickly getting armies to hold the new province. Means a lot in Asia since the time it takes to move from province to province.

Still trying to decide what's better, going full drafted since my slider is so close to it anyway, or pushing for full interventionism, or alternatively going towards standing army just to get better organization.

Also still trying to figure out whats optimal in terms of ministers. Either those that give extra supplies / cut down supply use, or others that increase IC.

Anyone have any answers?

Just been having great fun as Canada in the mod, I'm a little lost though.

I get the impression that Canada is forced to go to war with the US, be it at one of the faction during the civil war or at war with the US itself or even at war with all the faction and US. At the same time there is a large focus on retaking the British Isles.

Does anyone have any advice on how to play as Canada? There are a lot of pros for going against the US but at the same time there is A. No guarantee they will join your side. B. War with the US is very tough as manpower is very bad. C. You could get bogged down in the US while the Union of Britain and Com France tear apart the Germans, your perfect time to strike.

One other things. I understand that a lot of Brits ran from Britain too Canada, but why is the manpower level so small? Great mod though, a lot of fun, I'm even thinking about doing an AAR for it.
Oh, one doesn't have to go to war against the US. Now, it might be a good idea to go to the war against the CSA, but there is nothing forcing one to go to war with the other factions, and little to gain (heck, MacArthur's US is even liable to be amiable to join the Entente).

The manpower is a general problem, from what I understand, so it isn't just a Canadian issue.