• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The newest beta for 1.4 is seems pretty buggy. Played a game as Republic of China and didn't receive any events about Mongolia, Sinkiang, Xi bin san Ma, Tibet, or Manchuria after I conquered the Heavenly Kingdom guys. Granted, they were all Soviet puppets, but I still think I should have gotten events or decisions by then. Played another game as Russia and went for the constitutional Romanovs and I conquered Georgia. I chose "continue the occupation" in the fate of Georgia decision, and the decision didn't disappear. Next, I used the Azerbaijan decision to do a hostile takeover, and didn't get any more events about Azerbaijan for what was probably a few months. Eventually, I cheated to annex them so I could continue the expansion chain and the Central Asian country chain didn't work at all. Maybe it was because Alash Orda chose to be annexed by me once I became a monarchy?

Does anyone know where in the files I can find and remove the +80% mission efficiency for attack? It has the result that attackers nearly always suffer less casualties than a defender of equal strength and as the ai doesn't seem to take it into account (it still gets locked in stalemates where neither side attacks) it is a major advantage to the player.

The newest beta for 1.4 is seems pretty buggy. Played a game as Republic of China and didn't receive any events about Mongolia, Sinkiang, Xi bin san Ma, Tibet, or Manchuria after I conquered the Heavenly Kingdom guys. Granted, they were all Soviet puppets, but I still think I should have gotten events or decisions by then. Played another game as Russia and went for the constitutional Romanovs and I conquered Georgia. I chose "continue the occupation" in the fate of Georgia decision, and the decision didn't disappear. Next, I used the Azerbaijan decision to do a hostile takeover, and didn't get any more events about Azerbaijan for what was probably a few months. Eventually, I cheated to annex them so I could continue the expansion chain and the Central Asian country chain didn't work at all. Maybe it was because Alash Orda chose to be annexed by me once I became a monarchy?

I had a similar problem with Republican China. It only concerned Fengtien and Mongolia though. Mongolia had become an Empire and had annexed Xibei, Tibet and Heavenly Kingdom. It fought and won a war against Japan where they puppeted Fengtie. The only event I got regarding to the unification events was for Qin, Legation and Germany. The Fengtien once wont fire if Fengtien aint a puppet of Japan.

Greetings. I am using DH 1.03b with your hotfix. When I click on the US Garrison in the Panama Canal Zone, the game CTD. It does not happen in DH 1.03b, just in KR. It did not happen in The last version of KR for DH 1.02. Thanks.

My tech teams are bugged. Starting out as a country I only have one tech-slot and the research categories for my tech teams have bugged icons. They're clipping into one-another. Has anyone else had this problem?

-edit-
Here's a screenshot.

KR tech-team bug.png

Last edited:
My tech teams are bugged. Starting out as a country I only have one tech-slot and the research categories for my tech teams have bugged icons. They're clipping into one-another. Has anyone else had this problem?

Had his problem before but NOT with Kaiserreich, here's what i had to do to solve it.

In the KR mod folder, find the gfx folder then the interface folder

In there there were two files tc_icons and tc_icons1.03RC1 ....... i think that was the name.

I renamed tc_icons to tc_icons_large and tc_icons1.03RC1 to tc_icons

Basically one set of icons is a different size from the others, thus causing the clipping.

Hopefully you problem is something similar and thus can be solved as above

I can rename tc_icons but I don't know what tc_icons1.03rc1 is supposed to be. Doing your switch makes the game boot as if there wasn't a mod installed. Perhaps it's because I can't find anything to change to tc_icons. If I know what to rename to tc_Icons, I might be able to load up properly. I can't wait to get this mod working, this mod is why I bought Darkest Hour.

I can rename tc_icons but I don't know what tc_icons1.03rc1 is supposed to be. Doing your switch makes the game boot as if there wasn't a mod installed. Perhaps it's because I can't find anything to change to tc_icons. If I know what to rename to tc_Icons, I might be able to load up properly. I can't wait to get this mod working, this mod is why I bought Darkest Hour.

IF, and i stress, if it is the same problem i had then there should be two files that look the same ... one called tc_icons and another called something else, basically IF there is then you need to swap the files by renaming them.

If there isn't two files who's thumbnails look the same then you have a different problem perhaps.

As I know there are events to return land to the UK when it is liberated, however, is there any such event for National France? I conquered Europe as Canada/UK and I want to give them back the land, what should I do? (unfortunately this is not AoD...)

Edit: Just discovered that event 795033(the Swedish are defeated by the Danes) is broken, not sure if it is my problem only( a missing 7, it should trigger the event 795034 instead of 95034)

Last edited:
Playing DH 1.03 and your hotfix as USA I get a lot of "unknown string wanted" most of which is obviously the casualty tracker. Some of the others I have no clue. The game is playable though. Do I have a corrupt install(tried twice) or are there still issues to reconcile for 1.03?

Just a quick question about the royal styles used:

I get some of the more mundane ones such as "S.C.M", "HIM", or "S.K.M" for the Kaisers but some of the abbreviation for the Puyi's style (I just remember it being really long) or that of Sternberg's "Genghis Khan II" hat (T.K.Z) escape me. Could anyone clarify what exactly these are abbreviations for or if they were just created for the mod?

Playing as the Commune of France, I forced Germany off the continent and after what must be at least 2 years, there is no African congress event.

As I know there are events to return land to the UK when it is liberated, however, is there any such event for National France? I conquered Europe as Canada/UK and I want to give them back the land, what should I do? (unfortunately this is not AoD...)
Not sure if there's such event (quite sure there is) but, if you guys are allied, the French mainland will be transfered to NatFra eventually. It's an AI thing.

Edit: Just discovered that event 795033(the Swedish are defeated by the Danes) is broken, not sure if it is my problem only( a missing 7, it should trigger the event 795034 instead of 95034)
Yes, yes, you are right. Thanks for the bug reporting. I've already reposted this on our forum and likely it'll get fixed on the next beta.

Playing DH 1.03 and your hotfix as USA I get a lot of "unknown string wanted" most of which is obviously the casualty tracker. Some of the others I have no clue. The game is playable though. Do I have a corrupt install(tried twice) or are there still issues to reconcile for 1.03?
Most likely a bad install, as I haven't ever heard of such a problem... Are you using the correct versions of everything (DH1.03 RC2 + KR 1.4 Beta 1? Or DH1.03 RC2 + KR 1.3 Final + Hotfix)?

ctd on february 21 1937, anyone have a fix for that?
KH 1.4 beta
Could you report this on our forum, and also send us the savegame?

Just a quick question about the royal styles used:
I get some of the more mundane ones such as "S.C.M", "HIM", or "S.K.M" for the Kaisers but some of the abbreviation for the Puyi's style (I just remember it being really long) or that of Sternberg's "Genghis Khan II" hat (T.K.Z) escape me. Could anyone clarify what exactly these are abbreviations for or if they were just created for the mod?
Just "His Imperial Majesty" in Chinese and Mongol.

Playing as the Commune of France, I forced Germany off the continent and after what must be at least 2 years, there is no African congress event.
Did the German capitulation event fired? Again, if you could send us the savegame...

Did the German capitulation event fired? Again, if you could send us the savegame...

Yes it did and, unfortunately, I got impatient and fired it myself after a while so no savegame... Sorry

Are there any plans to 'spice' Mittelafrika up? Like for example Syndicalist revolter states of native African peoples? I always see Mittelafrika doing... nothing.