• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there no peaceful way?

If you have a sufficient amount of IC, you could also claim all Austrian provinces (don't forget Montenegro and Corfu) and demand them through the diplomacy menu, although the chances that the Austrians agree are extremely slim or non-existant unless you support the Hungarians during escalating Ausgleich negotiations.

as i would like to create an event for the return of the monarchy in italy can some one help me find a german catholic aristocrat that could be the king of the italians

the event i will make will have 4 choiches and they will be:

1: with the germans we united italy once, we will unite it again <--german aristocrat
2: the hasburg are strong, lets align with them <-- jospeh of toscana : S.A.R. Giuseppe I
3: the savoia are the true kings of italy <-- S.A.R. Umberto I
4: a true italian family: The de' Medici <-- Paolo de’Medici di Toscana : S.A.R. Paolo I

what do u think about it

as i would like to create an event for the return of the monarchy in italy can some one help me find a german catholic aristocrat that could be the king of the italians

the event i will make will have 4 choiches and they will be:

1: with the germans we united italy once, we will unite it again <--german aristocrat
2: the hasburg are strong, lets align with them <-- jospeh of toscana : S.A.R. Giuseppe I
3: the savoia are the true kings of italy <-- S.A.R. Umberto I
4: a true italian family: The de' Medici <-- Paolo de’Medici di Toscana : S.A.R. Paolo I

what do u think about it??

can some one help me??

Overpowered? Considering the number of times I see Germany get slaughtered by a Soviet-Syndicate alliance, I'd say Germany isn't that strong either.
The only times I've seen Germany lose are at the hands of such an alliance, and that was like, two times at most. I'd say it's a testament to their power that it takes such an OP-combo to defeat them, and it usually takes a while still.

The only times I've seen Germany lose are at the hands of such an alliance, and that was like, two times at most. I'd say it's a testament to their power that it takes such an OP-combo to defeat them, and it usually takes a while still.
They're a hyper power. It wouldn't make sense if they got continually steamrolled. So I think it's good it takes such a combo.

The only truly OP country is Russia. It's supposed to be a shattered empire with tons of dissent and and only marginal government control of the nation. As of now Russia has an Army bigger than Germany and France out together + the ability to play with mobility doctrine. Even the middle of the second civil war they have something like 30 IC and >100 divisions. The new Soviet Union never stands a chance. They are particularly OP considering this manpower system. Russia should not have unlimited manpower when France can barely raise 100 divisions. Russia is the only nation that can literally fight all of its neighbours at the same time, and win.

Edit: I have played as Russia several times and I'm sure anyone else who has played with them will agree that it is a horribly boring and dry experience. The strategy? All IC in consumer goods and take your mass of infantry and invade all of your neighbours, who have a smaller mass of infantry.

The civil war never happens if you keep dissent down. As I recall there is an event that allows you to recognise village communes (or something like that) and it kills a ton of dissent early on and has no negative consequences.

Last edited:
Maybe it's also good to look at the requirements for mobilization again. It seems partial mobilization is not possible with high dissent, but general mobilization only requires a certain amount of supplies. That's a bit strange IMO.

1) Download the mod from the link in the first post.

2) Open the donwloaded file with winrar.

3) Extract the Kaiserreich folder into the DH subfolder called Mods (C:\Games\Darkest Hour\Mods)

4) Start DH using the launcher and choose Kaiserreich :)

The only truly OP country is Russia.
I'd agree and disagree at the same time. Russia is a fun nation to play, since there's lots of opportunities to expand. In the hands of the A.I however, it either sits around doing nothing, or does random expansionary moves and not much else. Germany however, has a lot of options to intervene in foreign affairs (Stopping any Franco-Italian War, and in the latest Betas irritatingly having the ability to intervene in the Geneva conflict), can get out of Black Monday just like that in two years at most, and steamrolls France in almost every war I've seen that didn't involve the Soviets.

I'd agree and disagree at the same time. Russia is a fun nation to play, since there's lots of opportunities to expand. In the hands of the A.I however, it either sits around doing nothing, or does random expansionary moves and not much else. Germany however, has a lot of options to intervene in foreign affairs (Stopping any Franco-Italian War, and in the latest Betas irritatingly having the ability to intervene in the Geneva conflict), can get out of Black Monday just like that in two years at most, and steamrolls France in almost every war I've seen that didn't involve the Soviets.

I have seen the French do reasonably well if they have the support of the Spanish and Italian as well as the the Brits. But as you say, this is quite rare...

Maybe it's also good to look at the requirements for mobilization again. It seems partial mobilization is not possible with high dissent, but general mobilization only requires a certain amount of supplies. That's a bit strange IMO.

Wait, what? have i installed it wrong or something? I have the old x increase in manpower each day and not the DH mobilization.

Yeah, but very hard to implement in the KR world i think.. Just sometimes find the Qing to become a uncontrollable behemot in the east with its IC and MP growth

Yeah, that's one of the issues I find annoying. The USA just start building infantry so that by the civil war they easily dominate the rebels.