• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Probably not to piss off the Lithuanians more than they probably already do. Though actually, I don't see why the Germans would care. I mean it's kind of unrealistic for a German WWI Victory Alt-History to not have Lithuania and Poland be annexed into the Reich, but I guess it's to not screw over Lithuania and Poland more than they already are at the start. So that's a reason I guess. Plus if I remember right, Lithuania had a lot less Germans than the other Baltic states historically.

An independent Polish state was already discussed, and I assume Lithuania was going to be independent anyway.

An independent Polish state was already discussed, and I assume Lithuania was going to be independent anyway.
Wikipedia says otherwise for me. Though if Germany did win WWI, I can easily see them giving up their plans for full annexation of Poland and Lithuania given the amount of trouble that would cause, which when added with the problems Germany already has, would not go well with Germany at all. So I guess it's not a problem at all then. Besides Lithuania always gives military access to Germany anyway (I never see the Nationalists winning in Lithuania) so the original question isn't really a problem I see.

Wikipedia says otherwise for me. Though if Germany did win WWI, I can easily see them giving up their plans for full annexation of Poland and Lithuania given the amount of trouble that would cause, which when added with the problems Germany already has, would not go well with Germany at all. So I guess it's not a problem at all then. Besides Lithuania always gives military access to Germany anyway (I never see the Nationalists winning in Lithuania) so the original question isn't really a problem I see.

I'll leave this here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Border_Strip. The annexation of Poland wasn't really agreed upon by everyone.

The nationalists win every time when I play and I have to intervene. It's fine after that. I have a problem with the other states leaving though, like White Ruthenia. Ukraine can be invaded by event.

I'll leave this here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish_Border_Strip. The annexation of Poland wasn't really agreed upon by everyone.

The nationalists win every time when I play and I have to intervene. It's fine after that. I have a problem with the other states leaving though, like White Ruthenia. Ukraine can be invaded by event.
Yeah, though I doubt that if Germany did win that Austria alone could stop them. What with Austria being solely reliant on Germany to keep the Empire alive.

Yes, though it is annoying if you're playing as anyone other than Germany. Which I do all the time, because Germany's kind of boring in this mod honestly. Ironic, yes, but it's what happens when it's one of the majors with (possibly) the best starting position that always seems to win no matter what I, the player does. It gets kind of annoying honestly, but considering the general content of my posts I think you get that already. :p

Yeah, though I doubt that if Germany did win that Austria alone could stop them. What with Austria being solely reliant on Germany to keep the Empire alive.

Yes, though it is annoying if you're playing as anyone other than Germany. Which I do all the time, because Germany's kind of boring in this mod honestly. Ironic, yes, but it's what happens when it's one of the majors with (possibly) the best starting position that always seems to win no matter what I, the player does. It gets kind of annoying honestly, but considering the general content of my posts I think you get that already. :p

It all depends really. The Germans had a very good opportunity to get rid of their Polish populations (which they wanted very much). Polish independence would be favourable...a rebellion would be pretty costly.

Germany does have huge reach in this game. I can directly intervene in pretty much every conflict. But Mittel Europa? They seem to do what the hell they want! What if I don't want a Liberal Poland? What if I don't want a Russophilic White Ruthenia? Literally can't do anything about it.

It all depends really. The Germans had a very good opportunity to get rid of their Polish populations (which they wanted very much). Polish independence would be favourable...a rebellion would be pretty costly.

Germany does have huge reach in this game. I can directly intervene in pretty much every conflict. But Mittel Europa? They seem to do what the hell they want! What if I don't want a Liberal Poland? What if I don't want a Russophilic White Ruthenia? Literally can't do anything about it.
It's an annoyance, but not in the way you describe. Germany is a huge dick in Kaiserreich. At least it is whenever I try and play CoF. Plus the whole ethnic resettlement thing in the UBD, which makes me feel really uncomfortable, so that's another reason I don't play Germany. But as you said, Germany has a lot (Almost too many I'd say) opportunities to intervene in foreign conflicts, while not looking out for its sphere of influence at all except in some cases. Which should kind of be the opposite if we want the whole 'appeasement' parallel thing.

Germany is the 'World Police' in this case, sort of a 'psuedo-Team America' sort of thing where it looks like a total dick just to promote its interests while usually forgetting tact. It's one way to look at the Germans in KR.

Germany is the 'World Police' in this case, sort of a 'psuedo-Team America' sort of thing where it looks like a total dick just to promote its interests while usually forgetting tact. It's one way to look at the Germans in KR.
Oh god, now I'm imaging the in-universe equivalent of Team America.

"DEUTSCHLAND, EST FICKT JA! KAISERREICH EST SIE NUR MACHEN!" (Forgive the most likely horrible German)

I've just recently read this thing: link (The German road towards Mitteleuropa) and it states that Germany would create an "independent" Polish state out of the Kingdom of Poland, minus the "border strip". At the beginning the "Austrian option" was considered, but was ultimately rejected as the Austrian state suffered a couple of defeats.

Last edited:
After a look at Google Translate, I recommend you rewrite, censor or delete that line... The moderators I assume don't look kindly to bombs.

Couldn't find in the file but want to double check. There isn't any German surrender event for CSA right?

Das Vaterland! F*** ja!!! Wir kommen für dem mutterf***lich Sieg jetz!

I'm thinking of doing an aristocrat map pack for Kaiserreich. Flags for countries under German Monarchs and Russian control.

Will the flags present in the files be put to more use? I know that some aren't actually used yet, like Russian Scotland etc.

Knock them up here, or send them to the Kaiserreich forums in a thread, and it'll likely be talked over. Maybe if you're quick, the heads may slot it in the 1.3 final.

Knock them up here, or send them to the Kaiserreich forums in a thread, and it'll likely be talked over. Maybe if you're quick, the heads may slot it in the 1.3 final.

I would, but I'm actually using a different German flag, and basing the rest on the Eagle in the middle. I'm also changing existing flags like Flanders-Wallonia and white Ruthenia. So I sense an immediate rejection there! I'm just not keen on the military flag, which is such a huge part of KR identity.

It's possible the Russian ones might make it though, using the Tsars Eagle. I still need to do a lot of work though.

I just really wanted to know if all these puppet flags are going to be used in game properly, just so I can maybe offer alternatives to some fans.

EDIT: Actually. I'm wondering if this is even possible now...with the election/coup events in mittel europa, there's going to be nations that don't have German HOS', and this wouldn't work with a German eagle on their flag. I'd have to modify events to make it look right :( sigh... balls...

Last edited:
Reporting a small bug:
Syndicalist beat Russia and the fall of Russia event triggered, though the flag and ministers changed the name of the nation to their red counterparts the nation was still called the "Russian Empire" and not Soviet Union

I would, but I'm actually using a different German flag, and basing the rest on the Eagle in the middle. I'm also changing existing flags like Flanders-Wallonia and white Ruthenia. So I sense an immediate rejection there! I'm just not keen on the military flag, which is such a huge part of KR identity.

It's possible the Russian ones might make it though, using the Tsars Eagle. I still need to do a lot of work though.

I just really wanted to know if all these puppet flags are going to be used in game properly, just so I can maybe offer alternatives to some fans.

EDIT: Actually. I'm wondering if this is even possible now...with the election/coup events in mittel europa, there's going to be nations that don't have German HOS', and this wouldn't work with a German eagle on their flag. I'd have to modify events to make it look right :( sigh... balls...
With all the coup events, why not add a persistent event that checks for certain heads of state that are installed as German/Russian puppet leaders? Then the flag change events could happen eventually rather than the chance of it cocking up. It's one way in my head that could work.

There seems to be a lot more flags in the 1.3, I've yet to actually see them all since I never check the gfx folders... But when I see a new flag in game I get all giddy since its new stuff, you could send the link to the flags and I could pass it on?

Reporting a small bug:
Syndicalist beat Russia and the fall of Russia event triggered, though the flag and ministers changed the name of the nation to their red counterparts the nation was still called the "Russian Empire" and not Soviet Union
Which syndicalist nation beat Russia? I'm assuming its France.

Last edited: