• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Javaslinger

Captain
41 Badges
Apr 4, 2001
Visit site
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
Assuming Project Mayhem is indeed a new full release rather than any expansion, how long post announcement can we expect to wait for it's release based on previous 'announcements'?

In other words, to what extent are their (Paradox's) games developed prior to announcement? typically... in the past....

Thanks for humoring me,

Javaslinger

Usually doesn't take long. Expansions seem to be announced almost as soon as they are done, and remembering from some other full games it ranges from some months to a year (but I'm not positive). But it definitely isn't like "Oh it's announced, release date: 2 years from now).

Unless they know nothing about marketing, surely straight (to shortly) after the official announcement in Leipzig.

What I hope the most is to get a peak at what they show in Leipzig. :eek:o Too bad I can't attend.

I guess I would be asking too much of Paradox Interactive for them to pull off an simultaneous-instaneous annoucement/release....especially if it's Crusader Kings II/2! :D

Wasn't Rome announced in December and released in April? If they hold up to that sort of schedule, I'd think whatever Project Mayhem is, that it would be released in a January-March sort of timeframe.

Javaslinger said:
Assuming Project Mayhem is indeed a new full release rather than any expansion, how long post announcement can we expect to wait for it's release based on previous 'announcements'?

In other words, to what extent are their (Paradox's) games developed prior to announcement? typically... in the past....

Thanks for humoring me,

Javaslinger

As far as I remember, we had been waiting for something about one year, since the announcement till EU3 release, am I right?

Very curious how long will it take this time

Last edited:
EU3 was a new engine. This game, presumably, will be based on the EU3 engine and should be fairly easy to implement. The whole point of the EU3 engine was an easy system to plug things into. I believe project Mayhem was part of a planned 2009 release of games. Hopefully it will be sooner.

I certainly wouldn't expect it until sometime after the new year.

They don't want to announce a game and release it the same day, that'd be silly. It takes some time to build up awareness of the product and get people (outside the forum) interested in buying it.

Depending on how lucky we are, I'd guess 4-6 months.

fermun said:
Wasn't Rome announced in December and released in April? If they hold up to that sort of schedule, I'd think whatever Project Mayhem is, that it would be released in a January-March sort of timeframe.

They would probably try to make the Christmas season.

Hopefully it'll be released in time for my birthday in the middle of February. Though unless it is released on my birthday I won't have tha patience to wait, I'd rather pay and get it immediately :p

Well usually they would ask for Beta tester applications soon after the announcement (a few weeks perhaps) and start the beta testing in one or two months.
From there I think it will take at least another three months, so a release in January or February could be possible, but March or April is also a possibility.

On a side note do we know when they are gonna release the identity of Project Mayhem. I heard someone say Thursday, is that correct (or does no one know?)

I would guess based off the timing here unless its a game they very recently started work on, unlikely, or a totally new game it will be a 2009 Q1 release. Gives time for beta to run throw late fall and most of winter.

Small inside change of Christmas release also depending on facts none of us mere mortals know. :)

Tarsus540 said:
On a side note do we know when they are gonna release the identity of Project Mayhem. I heard someone say Thursday, is that correct (or does no one know?)

No one knows, except that they said it would be announced at GC. Whether that means the press day (which starts in like 7 hours) or the next day on the first public day of the GC or sometime during GC we don't know.