Johan Andersson, Studio Manager is right now taking your questions on reddit!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
In one of the Q&A videos the devs said that they would like to make a Cold War game. Also, I saw this comment:

User: Have you guys ever thought about a Modern Day or Cold War period game? Maybe one that has the option of 'limited' wars instead of only total wars, proxy wars, politics, super powers, economy, etc?
Johan: Does Doomsday count?
blablabla
User: I was thinking of something in the same vein as Victoria 2 in regards to politics and economy, not so much of a military focused type game.
Johan: yeah, we have a few designs written on that at the office..

IMO we will see one in a year or two.

I also think that we can forgret about HOI3 with expanded timeline - Johan seems to think that Vicky can cover WWI better than HOI and he said that they don't have any plans to create realistic 1945/Cold War scenario for HOI3 ATM.

BTW another interesting comment:
We're working with a professional ex-modder team right now on a new project that is not announced yet that I have VERY high hopes for.

Last edited:
In one of the Q&A videos the devs said that they would like to make a Cold War game. Also, I saw this comment:

IMO we will see one in a year or two.

I also think that we can forgret about HOI3 with expanded timeline - Johan seems to think that Vicky can cover WWI better than HOI and he said that they don't have any plans to create realistic 1945/Cold War scenario for HOI3 ATM.

Hmmm... I hope you're right. Would be brilliant.

In one of the Q&A videos the devs said that they would like to make a Cold War game.

If you recall that quote it goes "there's a high probability we will do a [CW/MDS] game, but we aren't working on one right now". (paraphrased but the point stands - not a CW/MDS game in the making right now)

It's a shame that a Dark Ages game seems to be out. I am WWII burned out from all the previous the HOI series and AOD, so for me it will be MMTG, when it comes out,
and the old games like DW and AHD.

A game set in late Antiquity or the Dark Ages would be good if done well, especially one featuring the Arab Conquests and the rise of the Carolingian Empire. I'd much rather play a game like that than something set during the Cold War.

B-Logic of Arsenal of Democracy working on a new project perhaps? The DarkestHour and Mgna Mundi teams are still busy with their current projects...

That's interesting. Maybe once you chase the Genoese from the Crimea and meet a few more criteria, that was his point. Not just an automatic, cataclysmic event. Take the city and suddenly everything falls into place might be too easy. Johan is all about game balance. Really once you beat the Timurids back in DW, you can leisurely conquer the world.