• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Descartes

Lt. General
42 Badges
Oct 12, 2008
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 200k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
If you would like to contribute to Imperium, this is a good opportunity. I need help with implementing the new building system. Lending me a helping hand in this matter will speed things up considerably, and make it possible for me to release v 1.2 (with buildings included) within a couple of weeks. You will of course be credited in the features list.

And now for the job description. Step one is to make a thorough research and carefully consider where (in which province) and when (counted in AUC) to add the new buildings. Make a list and post it here or in a separate thread in this forum.

Step two is to add the buildings to the province history files. Anyone can do this, it just takes some time. I'll give you an example of how to add a military harbour to Cartage in 474.
1) Download the attached file called province.rar. Extract it wherever you want to.
2) Open the province file called 247 - carthage.txt.
3) Add the following code where province history starts (just below split = 30.30.40):
474.1.1 = { military_harbour = yes }
Finished!

Here's a list of the buildings you can use. Misspellings in the code will result in crashes.
Code:
roads
paved_roads
aqueduct
sewers
irrigation
forum
harbour
military_harbour
academy
library
theatre
arena
public_baths
stadium
lighthouse
palace
gardens
temple
mausoleum
permanent_army_camp
fortified_army_camp
city_guard
wooden_city_walls
stone_city_walls
watchtowers
fortified_borders

A few of these have already been added to the province history files, since they're used in the original building system:

Code:
aqueduct
irrigation
forum
harbour
academy
arena
temple

That means that you don't have to worry about them, unless you discover something historically incorrect. I've deliberately left roads out of this list, since they play an entirely different role in the original building system. As opposed to paved roads, the regular roads in my system are plain dirt roads. Quite a lot of provinces will start with those.

Some of the buildings mentioned in province history files will have to be removed, since they're no longer used:

Code:
foundry
mine
forestry
fort1
fort2
fort3

It's important that none of these buildings are left in the province history files. Note that you can replace fort1 with wooden_city_walls and fort3 with stone_city_walls.

Your work will get a lot easier if you use the Scenario Editor for Rome (attached in this post, with moddir adjusted to Imperium). Just move the province history files to the Imperium mod directory and open the jar file.

Finally, I would like to point out that this job can be split up between several persons. Please post here if you're interested in helping me with this.

Thanks,
Descartes

Attachments

• Rome Scenario Editor.rar
    179,5 KB · Views: 17
  • provinces.rar
    129,7 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Well, if it isn't done by the 18th, I can give it a bash.

This would be easier if you broke it down a bit, yes? Perhaps go by countries from the 474 date on that way volunteers can do all the research on the same topic.

Assuming you will be revising whatever you get for game balance purposes as well right?

Oh almost forgot to mention, I would love to help and will be available to get started by the 14th. :)

It's great to hear you're interested! I look forward to see what you come up with. :D
It sounds like a good idea to finish off the buildings available in 474 first. Just choose a country you like and go ahead.
As always, I'm the one who's responsible for game balance. :)

As promised, I call Rome, will start now, should be done soonnish, then may start on another.