• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Bulldog773

Second Lieutenant
23 Badges
May 24, 2016
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
So I normally never play Muslim nations but I was like what the hell, let do it. So long story short its 1170, I'm king of Aleppo & Sunni. BUT I can't call a jihad. Catholics have had Jerusalem since almost 1066 ( a couple decades after the start) and have call 3 Crusades against Muslim jeld territory. So what gives, what am I missing? I want to call a jihad & cant, very frustrating. There are like 3 Sunni Muslim kingdoms left

You need a Caliph to declare jihads. Big advantage, unlike catholics who rely on a pope, Muslims can diy.

Requirement to be caliph is:
-Hold Mecca and Medina, OR Hold Jerusalem, Bagdad and Damascus
-Be either Sayyid, Mirza or have 1000 piety

Can Create Any caliphate. If you want it gamey, rotate between muslim branches to use multiple jihads in row.

Are you also the Caliph?
If he was, he could call jihads. Assuming the op started 1066, typically Seljuk kills the Caliphate for being a disloyal vassal at some point rather sooner than later, if he doesn't fail.

Jihad aera to trigger requires capable caliphs ruling lands -I've seen a 59 year old murder his nephew, declare the jihad aera the same day, and die a week later to leave for his infant grandson, who waged war.
That AI move was impressive.

if you're powerful enough, you can also just use the muslim invasion CB to conquer stuff. it's a kingdom level CB that is available to any muslim. you have to pay 1000 piety and you don't get to invite other muslims, but it's still pretty damn powerful.

I'm not the caliph. I assumed the jihad would work like the crusade, I click on caliph (pope) and ask for jihad. Or maybe even click on my target and see Jihad as a CB but nope. I'm surprised though, 3 crusades no zero jihads.

Yeah I could use the invade Jerusalem CB but they call in all Catholics, that turns out to be a lop sided war ( me against the catholic world). Safe to say that I lose that one

The Caliph is not the Pope. It's like being the Norse Falkyir or some other religious heads. You're a temporal and spiritual leader in one person.

And Muslims already have other offensive CBs so that you don't need to be able to call a Jihad

You cannot ask your Caliph to call for Jihad.
If Caliph exists, he will eventually call Jihad himself (if Jihad is unlocked - which is obviously should be the case in your game, if Catholics hold Jerusalem) - if he is not busy fighting some war, he is some pathetic guy or whatever. Also MA needs to be >5%.
It usually helps to be Caliph yourself (YOU call it, but you also eat pact defenders) or have a vassal Caliph - this way you have a bit more control over AI (AI will weight unknown options to understand - does he really wants to call it or not)