• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Megaquake2012

Corporal
Apr 11, 2015
Hello this is my first thread here(proud citizen of The Principality Of Sealand And Trinidad And Tobago) anyway I'm getting blitz krieged from the French and the Austrians my allies ain't doing shiz but getting blitz krieged and doing nothing except controlling the seas when your already a massive naval power(SCREW YOU USELESS BRITIAN) my armies are hopeless the Austrians are closing in and the French already took Turin Milan and pretty much all of north eastern Italy the Russians and ottomans are the best allies yet the ottomans are getting blitz krieged to after taking a couple of provinces the Russians are the best but the Prussians/Austrians are closing in on them(Factions For The Italian War For Croatia) Allies:Russia Italy UK Spain(northern side is being blitz krieged by the french)Belgium(currently in truce after being almost took over) Ottomans(currently fighting France in Africa and Austrians in the north not doing good on the south) Swedish(Actually pretty good they got blitz krieged and then returned the blitz krieged) Dutch(kind of weak but eh their saved Belgium) Denmark(got blitz krieged even before the war now they only have Copenhagen and Iceland/Greenland and whatever provinces I forgot they had world wide) Now the Opposing power: Austria(current war leader despite being spilt into three fronts their doing pretty good) Prussians(worst enemy their Victorian nazis they steamroll their Calvary and infantry through Austria the Swiss and France and then Slaguther my Italian troops in massive battles) France(second worst enemy their Blitz kreiging my allies amazingly while managing to take a lot of land in Italy) multiple Small factions(I can't name then all but they include saxony and wurrtemburg basically the small countries between Prussia France and the Swiss) Now here's the problem with great Italia I CAN ONLY BUILD IN CERTAIN PROVINCES! And those are far from the battlefields I can only build small armies of 3 that get slaguthered when I'm forced to send them to reinforce the greater armies that are losing The only advantage I have is Naval power and I can't really do much naval wise since the Brits kinda have my back covered and the French suck at naval warfare another thing is my armies are spread apart from defending the west agains the French and the east from the Austrians my armies were steam rolled by the them(luckily lost no land to Austria and actually occupied Venice for a while) but please anyone who can help me in this like give me some tips or tactics I could use and I can only build in certain provinces but this has gone on long enough thanks if you red this far ill update if I Can and post a picture(btw period is 1863 and I have all military technologies pre 1870)

^

To be honest as Italy there's no way in hell you're gonna push out France and Austria without years of pre-war planning. You want frontier forts maxed out and as many railways as you can afford. Set all NF's to producing troops and then when they hit, play a defensive war, rotating out weakened batallions. Make sure you always use your best general for each battle and mobilise only when it's necessary, which will probably be within the first few weeks of the war to be honest. If France brings doomstacks to your door there's really nothing you can do except capitulate to be honest.

Reactions:
Start with Sardinia Pemonte and ally with Prussia.
If the Prussians don`t start stupid wars back them up.

Be ready to jump on Austria when Prussia attacks them and take all the land with Italian population.

Also assist the Prussians when they go against France and get Corsica.

For italy to be able to hold France and/or Austria it will need an ally and the logical one is Prussia/Germany.

I don't know why you are fighting them both.
As Italia [Sardinia], you should get France in alliance first and trash Austria with them, then backstab them and if possible ally Germany [maybe you don't have to backstab France, but i have don so :p]. You should get alliance with one of this 3 and trash rest 1v1 or with your allie. You played it bad earlier.

wow sounds like a bad loss, Italy is very easy to defend assuming you manage your military correctly although both countries can be difficult to fight mainly due to their larger armies. Defence is your best ally allow them to attack your troops who are entrenched in the forts in the mountain terrain and watch their units disappear. depending on your border with Austria it might also be a good idea to grab their defensible terrain before they arrive in force like south Tirol assuming you dont own it.

also if you get forced out of northern italy there are loads of easily defendable territory i usually build a few forts along there as well.

Start with Sardinia Pemonte and ally with Prussia.
If the Prussians don`t start stupid wars back them up.

Be ready to jump on Austria when Prussia attacks them and take all the land with Italian population.

Also assist the Prussians when they go against France and get Corsica.

For italy to be able to hold France and/or Austria it will need an ally and the logical one is Prussia/Germany.
Well I was allied with Prussia until they broke my alliance when I declared war on Austria

wow sounds like a bad loss, Italy is very easy to defend assuming you manage your military correctly although both countries can be difficult to fight mainly due to their larger armies. Defence is your best ally allow them to attack your troops who are entrenched in the forts in the mountain terrain and watch their units disappear. depending on your border with Austria it might also be a good idea to grab their defensible terrain before they arrive in force like south Tirol assuming you dont own it.

also if you get forced out of northern italy there are loads of easily defendable territory i usually build a few forts along there as well.
I pretty much did that until I got a three frontal prolonged assault With the Germans, French, and the Austrians and I am currently using all my efforts into defending

I allied with America and at this pivotal moment the Americans finally arrived(now their blitz kreiging the European armies along With the CSA) in my game the civil war ended and I got them to unite in the war And luckily thank god the British finally went D.DAY on the French and now France is kinda in a bad jam the Austrians got weak so I'm managing to launch offensive campaigns into their area already took Venice and nearby provinces the small states are literally not really a problem as the most they do is send small armies that get destroyed oh also the Russians took over east Austria/Prussia because there was left unguarded the Danish and the Swedish are attacking north prussia(With the Danes taking back their land and the swedes taking north prus) the ottomans are launching a campaign in southern Austria blitz kreiging with their cav and huge land armies Ottoman Africa is still being occupied by the French but I'm planning to send a brigade there soon Spain Is just rebuilding their forces after being shaken and the Dutch/Belgium aren't doing much but the Dutch are taking French colonies in other places like India and Africa the USA is in a war with Mexico .-. Hopefully that doesn't draw attention away from the war in Europe but in all literal sense I've Just Started WWI and Am now finishing it(btw thanks for the help guys sorry if its a bit confusing and everything I'm just new to making forums)

Well I was allied with Prussia until they broke my alliance when I declared war on Austria
Check Prussia`s relations with Austria.See if they are friends.
When you are about to declair war it will say how likely your allies are to answer the call if you hover over the allies box.
My guess is that Prussia was on good terms and not ready for war with Austria.

I know it can be bothering but try to do something else.Go and conquer yourself some African colonies.

I find Victoria 2 to be game of pacience for the right strategic opportunity as much as it is about economy.

I hope you are using mods. :D

Check Prussia`s relations with Austria.See if they are friends.
When you are about to declair war it will say how likely your allies are to answer the call if you hover over the allies box.
My guess is that Prussia was on good terms and not ready for war with Austria.

I know it can be bothering but try to do something else.Go and conquer yourself some African colonies.

I find Victoria 2 to be game of pacience for the right strategic opportunity as much as it is about economy.

I hope you are using mods. :D
Nope I'm using vanilla Victoria 2