• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Eric9999

Sergeant
14 Badges
Feb 2, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
I got Warband for my laptop, which uses Windows 8. It says that the operating system only goes up to Windows 7, however for the past two days it has been working fine. Today, however, the game immediately stops working as soon as the introduction video is complete. If I try to skip the intro video by pressing the Escape key, then the game first exits the intro video, and then stops working. I thought at first it wasn't compatible with Windows 8, but then why would it work fine for the past two days? Any help is appreciated.

Hi Eric9999,

It should be compatible with Windows 8 and 8.1. Have you already tried verifying the integrity of the game cache?

* Go to your Steam games library
* Right click on "Mount & Blade Warband" and select "properties"
* Click on the tab "Local Files"
* Now click on "Verify integrity of game cache"
* Wait until this process is finished, if any files are missing/corrupted it will notify you at the end of the process and automatically start with re-downloading these files

Thank you for re-assuring me that it should work on Windows 8. I tried validating the integrity but after it finished, all it said was that the validation was complete (so I'm assuming there are no missing or corrupted files). So I tried playing Warband again once the validation finished, and the same problem happened where the game stops working after the intro video.

I've tried validating with Steam several times now, and all it's said after every time was that the validation was complete. I keep trying to run Warband after each validation, but all Windows says is that there was a 'problem detected', and it proceeds to automatically close Warband, having given me no other choice. Is there anything else I can do besides validating with Steam? Once again, any help is appreciated.

Please try a clean installation then.

Uninstall the game from within Steam, after that go to your documents folder and remove the Mount & Blade folders (Just rename the save games folder! otherwise you will lose your save games).

Reinstall the game, and then run it. Check first if you're able to run the game, then move the save games back to the newly created save games folder.