• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Turboflex

First Lieutenant
61 Badges
Jan 26, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Victoria 2
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I'm just checking this out for first time, and the amount of info is limited, but what there is seems to resemble that game for me...

Ongoing galaxy war, where player builds up own stable of units and then moves around campaign map, joining ongoing (or initiating) RTS battles for exp/resources/pay?

If it is, I'M SOLD! That game was great. Can't believe nobody has released a MMORTS like that in past 10 years??

Anyone who played Shattered Galaxy get what I mean?

Uhm. I haven't player Shattered Galaxy - But Starvoid is not an MMO and it doesn't have a campaign. You do however join and fight in ongoing RTS battles, so for those parts it sounds quite alike :)

I don't know what the punishment for losing/rewards for winning battles in SG was - if you lost campaign domain and stuff like that, but in Starvoid it's more about every single game. You play it, have fun, and then get ready for next battle. Play for as long as you want and then leave the game. By playing you gain resources and levels, that allows you to purchase and upgrade your arsenal of drones, weapons, artillery etc.

Feel free to ask if there are more specific questions!

Uhm. I haven't player Shattered Galaxy - But Starvoid is not an MMO and it doesn't have a campaign. You do however join and fight in ongoing RTS battles, so for those parts it sounds quite alike :)

I don't know what the punishment for losing/rewards for winning battles in SG was - if you lost campaign domain and stuff like that, but in Starvoid it's more about every single game. You play it, have fun, and then get ready for next battle. Play for as long as you want and then leave the game. By playing you gain resources and levels, that allows you to purchase and upgrade your arsenal of drones, weapons, artillery etc.

Feel free to ask if there are more specific questions!

Shattered Galaxy still exists I believe in some kind of free2play deal... but it is ancient by now. Starvoid appears to have some similarities but it is not the same. In SG you had squads of units that would level up independent of the player leveling up... and the units basically got more powerful as you leveled up but even a beginner could inflict damage onto a veteran. I'd kill for another SG. It always felt like the predecessor to any mmo/persistant online strategy game (be it a MOBA game or something like this). The fact that they both have RPG elements that are the same and units were more or less expendable is enough to tie them together.

Not having restrictions on joining battles beyond a max player cap, and being able to join a battle late always kept the game very interesting... fighting back and forth for control for your faction while being in a clan and really coordinating for capturing / air superiority / ground support etc.

Clans and RPGs go hand in hand. A strategic world map component always works wonderfully with an RTS game. The blend is wonderful.