• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zardoz59

Recruit
28 Badges
Dec 30, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pride of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I'm playing a game starting as the Duke of Provence. I've managed, by way of marriage, to get my son and heir made Duke of Friuli. The problem is he gets assassinated ("died under suspicious circumstances") before I die and become his character. I've saved and replayed this part of the game and it keeps happening. The nobles of Friuli obviously don't like the idea of being ruled by an outsider! But is there no way I can intervene in this situation to reduce the probability of a successful plot against him?

I can't see a way. I have no influence over his council and sending my spymaster to his capital seems to have no effect. I get no notice of any plot against him in my intrigue tab. In this game I'm actually spymaster on the Italian king's council but even there I see no way to influence this situation.

It's a bit frustrating when a recommendation is to use marriage and inheritance to advance from small provincial starts but the game limits what can be done in situations like this.

How quickly does he get assassinated? You can probably kill yourself in a couple of years (eg. scurvy)...

Is there any way to increase his intrigue? (High-stat wife who likes him, silk cloak, zhuge crossbow, etc.)

Can you reload a save from before he inherits? Sometimes a delay of a few years can make all the difference...

• 1Like
Reactions:
not really outside of taking controll of him