• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Sardismus

Recruit
Dec 28, 2023
I’m not sure this has been asked explicitly before, since I haven’t found any questions similar to it in the forum.
I’m playing as The Kingdom of Two Sicilies and I want to make Austria release Repubblica di San Marco but at the same time I want it to be a swift and not (in human lives or ships) costly operation, without a BIG naval BATTLE. They try to naval invade, which is something that when, in another playthrough, I attacked during Hungary’s Revolution, wasn’t actually attempted.
Could I, in some way, at least manage to distract them with a smaller (a total of 27, mine vs 30, theirs) one and make them go into a pursuit in order to, temporarily at least, distract them from my coasts?
Thanks to everyone is going to answer, I hope some will and that this isn’t off track for the tenor of the forums. If so, I would thank anyone who would advise me otherwise.

Last edited:
Distracting enemy fleets i did with Brazil, but as far as i recall they only followed me for a few squares and not many
and then went back towards the south-american coast. Not sure how that would play out in the Med.
Might stilll be enough to give you sufficient time.
*shrug*

I suppose you have to test it and if it doesn't work, reload an old save again.

• 1Like
Reactions: