• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

NoahsRebels

Recruit
17 Badges
Jan 15, 2019
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
I was wondering if there was a way to edit a file so that the font displayed on the map is only of me and not of my puppets too, the map in my game right now is kinda ugly and I hate how the font goes over mixing colors.

Example:

ugly.png

I believe this kind of behaviour is hard-coded. That is, I've never come across an option that allows you to fiddle with that.

deanwebb is feeling frisky, y'all. He's kidding.
@deanwebb throw some smilies in with your sarcasm before someone takes you seriously. :cool:

My apologies.

One should never attempt to conquer The Netherlands in real life. :)

As for in the game, there is an "avoid ugly borders" school of thought that I find to be very Victorian. In that, I mean the very idea of adjusting a national border through war simply because it doesn't look right is incredibly insensitive and ignorant of the sufferings of the masses - something that would appeal to an elite of the day. While it would be horrendous for France to attack The Netherlands simply to acquire Zeeland, there is a posh, upper-class twit inside of me that says, "Ah, that would make for a very pretty border! Do it at once!"

This is also why, as France, I avoid taking territory from the Spanish. The Pyrenees are just *too pretty* as a border, hate to mess it up, what what! :)