• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks. Now if I can only find the same for oil
I've made a quick search in my province files and it seems that there are no provinces that have oil in 1836 in 1.3.
Oil events start firing after 1870 (they can fire earlier in provinces 1192 (Nukus) and 1205 (Kyzyl Arvat)) with a MTTH of 8 months (again, this is from 1.3).

Ambon and Jambi produce a good bit of oil. IIRC Haka in Burma does too.
Halaib and Khartoum in Egypt have a lot of rubber in several provinces for less than 10 infamy tops.

Look at events\goods.txt file in game directory (or common\events\goods.txt, can't check right now). It contains detailed description of oil and rubber provinces and years when these events will be enabled (Look at OIL EVENTS and RUBBER EVENTS sections). Good thing is that in last AHD patch oil events were even commented (province name, not just ID). Oil events start to pop up after 1870, rubber - after 1880.

Keep in mind though, that in AHD oil and rubber can't be discovered if the country (or its master) has no techs (oil cracking, automobiles, etc), so basically there's no oil before 1880, since Russia and its asian neighbors are lame in techs. But you can "Free People" on Russian Azerbaijan to put them in your sphere, so you'll have oil in early 1870s and start building refineries.

But it's not the number of provinces that matters, but population and techs (except if you want to monopolize oil).