Is there a chance of getting a Hearts of Iron World War One game from Paradox?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

timmiecf72

Recruit
15 Badges
Feb 22, 2017
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
Is there a chance of getting a Hearts of Iron World War One game from Paradox? I know there are mods available for both HOI3 & HOI4, however none are currently working, and are in need of updates. I think if Paradox was to create an official HOI4 style WW1 game, there would be a high demand for the game. Also if there is a game already in the works, or one in the planning stages, could you add a 1870 0r 1900 starting point to allow the possibility of changing the faction/alliances. Thanks.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Doubtful.

Why waste resources on a WW1 version of HOI4 when you can just make more meme paths and "hey it's Hitler in X country" focuses in a regular HOi4 expansion.

Note, this is just my personal opinion. As a moderator I don't have any more insights into this than any of you.

I think it's fair to assume that Victoria 3 will eventually get a "Great War DLC" in one way or another. It's rather unlikely that they'd create a separate game for this period considering that the prelude and actual events of WW I and its aftermath are basically the endgame of Vic 3.
Of course you'd be right when pointing out that Vic3 in its current state is hardly capable of representing an adequate "WW I experience".

• 1Like
Reactions: