• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Radu2605

Second Lieutenant
16 Badges
Aug 2, 2020
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Is the workshop broken?
When i install new mods they do not show up.
It started slowly, with mods starting to show up after hours, then after days after i subscribe to them on the workshop.
Now i have mods that i have been subscribed to over a week that have not showed up on the launcher.
Dose anyone have this problem? Pls help

How do i update manualy?
In top left hand corner, click on Steam --> Check for Steam client updates...

My CK2 is on version 3.3.2, is that the right version?
Nope, the current version is 3.3.3. Make sure auto-update is enabled for this game. (It probably isn't, that's why it's stuck at ver. 3.3.2). To do so:
1) Right click on Crusader Kings II in the "Games" tab on the left (in Library view).
2) Select Properties. A new window pops up.
3) Select the second item (Updates), and under "Automatic updates", select the option "Always keep this game updated".

Downloading the update should start after this. If it doesn't, restart steam.

I had a similar problem for some game I don't recall about a year ago - updates to workshop mods were clearly available but Steam wouldn't download them. Nothing I did in Steam would fix it (restart, check for updates, etc) - I think the workshop is on a different system to that which is used to deliver the main game.

I found that I could "prompt" Steam to check for workshop updates by fully launching the game (including loading a save) and then exiting.

The big caveat is that, as previously mentioned, this was a year ago and so this advice may well be outdated. Still, no-one's mentioned it yet and it's not difficult or time-consuming - maybe worth a try?

---

Also, as @Mors Imperator recommended, you should probably update to 3.3.3 if possible - a couple of 3.3.2 users have come forward with MJ-related issues in the last couple of days.

Steam had some artificial limit on number of available modś people was using for their games.

When you was using too many mods; new mods did not get downloaded.

It probably been fixed. Nowadays I think the problem is that people does not have the game set up to be kept up tp date. Or stopped steam from downloading updated games when they are playing a game.

Last edited:
I can't donwload Workshop mods anymore since a week or so, when the properties GUI changed as well and the "Enable cloud synch" option
was suddenly gone from the games' properties. Did all kind of things and contacted both tech supports. Nothing worked so far.

Now i'm copying them out of the userdata/ugc/reference folder and create my own mod ifles, but it's annoying and i don't get to know
when there was an update.

Regarding earlier comments, there is no way to prevent updates, than allegedly to add the same time to the download-in-between-hours
option and there was never the need to have 'updating games while playing' activated.

The opening poster though sounds to either have the ~50 mods max subscribed issue as mentioned before or apparently being on a Beta version and not having changed that in the Betas tab to NONE again. Still unclear to me.

Last edited:
In top left hand corner, click on Steam --> Check for Steam client updates...

Nope, the current version is 3.3.3. Make sure auto-update is enabled for this game. (It probably isn't, that's why it's stuck at ver. 3.3.2). To do so:
1) Right click on Crusader Kings II in the "Games" tab on the left (in Library view).
2) Select Properties. A new window pops up.
3) Select the second item (Updates), and under "Automatic updates", select the option "Always keep this game updated".

Downloading the update should start after this. If it doesn't, restart steam.
I have updated to 3.3.3. But it still dose not work.