• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(36067)

First Lieutenant
Nov 13, 2004
I understand Vicky gets choppy when you are running on extremely fast mode because every game mechanic must be processed to not make the AI lose its edge. My question is, what can I do to get Victoria running on extremely fast mode without choppiness. I already have a 3ghz pentium 4 (clocked at 3.3) with 3gb of ddr2 533mhz ram. I doubt getting more ram will help because vicky doesn't even utilize 1gig, but will overclocking my processor or getting a better one provide smoother gameplay?

The fastest speed is only there for the really slow times in action. When a lot of things are happpening and a lot of units on the board, it can be very intensive.
So I doubt with the systems available today, you would be able to run in veryfast mode under all conditions.
The only things you can try are outlined in the FAQ by jpd, which is stickied above.

Seeing as Vic came out before the Dual hit the market in any real way, I would say no.