• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Your map is f*cking amazing. But some critique:

1. The Tarascans and the P'urempecha were the same; the latter was the native word for it and I think they were called Tarascans by the Aztecs.

2. Where you have Cholula is where lake Texcoco, with lake Tenochtitlan in it, is located.

3. I think the Huastec were in Metztitlan in the map.

4. In Interregnum 1 you give the Maya the entire island of Haiti, but only the part which is Haiti today in the new map. Why is that?

5. I see you got rid of the Hashishim.

6. Can you make the whole game in the font that you wrote the country names?

7. Are Zulu and Xhosa necessary?

8. Novgorod an independent country, eh?

Last edited:
orimazd said:
1. The Tarascans and the P'urempecha were the same; the latter was the native word for it and I think they were called Tarascans by the Aztecs.

Yes. oops. And the name of the state was Michhuàquê. I will update the game accordingly.

2. Where you have Cholula is where lake Texcoco, with lake Tenochtitlan in it, is located.

You have missed the arrow I have on the map indicating that I put the Cholula in the wrong province, that they ought to have been in the province named Cholula. Paint is an unforgiving program where nothing can be removed or undone.

So, the Azteca to Mexico province, yes???
3. I think the Huastec were in Metztitlan in the map.

OK.

4. In Interregnum 1 you give the Maya the entire island of Haiti, but only the part which is Haiti today in the new map. Why is that?

A little more 'realistic'. More room for the player to do stuff and really, they are just too big otherwise.
5. I see you got rid of the Hashishim.

Nope, Zagros province, the one circled by the red of the IlKhanate. Forgot to name it.

7. Are Zulu and Xhosa necessary?

Is anything necessary? Why not have them?

8. Novgorod an independent country, eh?

We have the space now.

Please put comments in this thread. .

And please list for me the provinces the Cacoal would own.

Latest update on progress with Interregnum 2

The most recent version is here.

Added Ming, Wei, Song, Jurchen, Toluid Khanate, Nanzhao, Lu chuan, Luang Prabhang, Butung, Srivijaya, Cacoal, Men Yang, Shan States, Mon, Hausa and the three Japanese minors that are vassals of Korea.

There is also another unnamed Khanate between the Chagatai and the Toluids. I am thinking this will be a Christian Khanate, with the Toluids beverting to being Buddhists..

Added Mossi as a revolter and events in the early 1420s for the Mossi to rebel under Dawoema.

Moved CoT in Malacca to Jambi and Cuzco to Cajamarca.

Looks nice, i guess :)

Milan looks a bit big compared to Savoy though, especially if the Swabian-Milanese alliance goes through.

Syria lost for the KoJ also seems a bit out of place; How could the Abbasids not beat them if they still have such a strong base in the region?

The rest looks neat, but one question: Is Hainan mistakenly coloured Song yellow too, (IE is that just an old version that you have spray-painted Dai Viet) or is there some deeper meaning? :)

Maya definately seem to gain in this map :)

Avernite said:
Milan looks a bit big compared to Savoy though, especially if the Swabian-Milanese alliance goes through.

True, but I felt we now had the spce to make Milan a bigger player.

It means we need to expand on that storyline and to have the Milanese reject permanent union with Swabia if Milan is of a certain size, say.

Syria lost for the KoJ also seems a bit out of place; How could the Abbasids not beat them if they still have such a strong base in the region?

Remember that the borders have shifted a lot over the 4 centuries and this is the current iteration. Also, the Abbasid Caliphate is very decentralized. Most of these provinces are almost authonomous in 1419 and there is a major fight brewing to reign in the 'petty emirs'. No doubt the KoJ have played one of against the other and have done everything they can to survive in a hostile environment. In short, they have survived through a combination of diplomacy, key military victories and the ability of their opponents to take their eyes off the prize..

The rest looks neat, but one question: Is Hainan mistakenly coloured Song yellow too, (IE is that just an old version that you have spray-painted Dai Viet) or is there some deeper meaning? :)

The pink of Dai Viet is on top and should appear as the dominant colour as intended. That was a 'draw-o' (typo with the paintbrush). Paint does not alow me to remove completed items, so I have to spraypaint over. Hainan is in the hands of Dai Viet.

Maya definately seem to gain in this map :)

One other commentator felt that Maya had rolled back from the old map, not gained. It does not, for example, have all of the island of Haiti at gamestart, as it does in Interrergnum 1.04.

MattyG said:
One other commentator felt that Maya had rolled back from the old map, not gained. It does not, for example, have all of the island of Haiti at gamestart, as it does in Interrergnum 1.04.

No, but Cuba and Haiti both gained lots of provinces, so likely Maya will gain a bit in the ports and manpower department.

Avernite said:
No, but Cuba and Haiti both gained lots of provinces, so likely Maya will gain a bit in the ports and manpower department.

Well, we might not make those provinces quite as rich as their counterparts on the old map. Besides, having a big empire where virtually every province produces sugar or tobacco is just obscene - what kind of healthy lifestyle are the Maya going to have in that situation? :wacko:

Avernite said:

Everything is being scaled in the new map. There is not going to be a net increase in MP in the New world or anywhere. At least, not in Interregnum 2.

Also, Maya lost Curacao and the territories on the north coast of SthAm.

MattyG said:
Everything is being scaled in the new map. There is not going to be a net increase in MP in the New world or anywhere. At least, not in Interregnum 2.

Also, Maya lost Curacao and the territories on the north coast of SthAm.

Hmm, true.

So you really want me to say you screwed up the Maya, is that it? :p

And most of America already had .25 MP, can't go much lower.

Avernite said:
Hmm, true.

So you really want me to say you screwed up the Maya, is that it? :p

And most of America already had .25 MP, can't go much lower.

My feeling about the Maya in the old map was that they had too little space for fun expansion in the early game. This way the player will have more to do, more strategic decisions to make. Limited colonists, lots more potential provinces. If it doesn't work out, we can always expan them. It also means that we can allow the ai to colonise, creating variation.

As for the MP, I really want it to be the case that it is virtually impossible for European states to raise troops in the New World until their cities are large. Anything else is pure fantasy. I realise this makes it tough for the ai, but to some extent that's just too bad. The New World states wiull have cores and when the Reveolting states of the 18th century come along, they get an province-MP bonus via event.

Last edited:
Progress Update

Still no word from Garbon about the AGCEEP map.

I have finished the new material for the Al-Andalus file, with hopefully more new material to come from Calipah in the future.

In order to do the AA file I had to translate the Epochal_Iberian file as well. Both of these were a lot of work.

Translated the Miscellaneous file.

I am now going to look at the new events prepared for A4K for Armenia, georgia and Bulgaria and translate to Interregnum those which make sense.

I have updated more files.

Eire, Asturias, Portugal, Auvergne, Bourbonnais, Orleans, France, Ashanti and Bavaria have all been converted.

I also simplified the conditions for forming France and have entirely rebuilt the Peasant's War event for Bavaria that now can affect all of the German states and each province individually, with two different ways of resolving.

If anyone wants to help inconverting a file or two, lemme know ...

Completed the conversion of Ben Zaa, Aztec and created the same series of files that Aztec have for the four new North American native states.

Completed updating the Bulgaria file, which meant adding some new events from A4K and changing the dates for the existing Kingdom of Bulgaria sequence. Also made changes to the monarch and leader files.

Added a new series of events for dysentry, kindly replicated for every province by MichaelM. It's pretty simple but took up about 2700 ids. Here it is for Sitka.

# Note that the trigger conditions are there only to reduce the chance that all of these events will happen in the first century of the game. By having war or low stab as a condition, some provinces may never experience this event and the rest of the events ought to be smoothed out through time.
Code:
#
# 1 -- Sitka
#
event = {
	id = 805000
	random = no
	province = 1
	trigger = { 
		NOT = { religion = pagan }
		OR = {
			atwar = yes
			NOT = { stability = 2 }
		}
	}
	name = "Dysentery and Plague in Sitka"
	desc = "The region of Sitka has been overwhelmed with dysentery and plague. We can only pray for an end to this scourge."
	date = { year = 1419 }
	offset = 20000
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "Boil the sheets! Kill the rats!"
		command = { type = provincetax which = 1 value = -2 }
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 1 value = -2 }
		command = { type = population which = 1 value = -500 }
		command = { type = infra value = -50 }
		command = { type = trade value = -50 }
	}
}

event = {
	id = 805001
	random = no
	province = 1
	trigger = { event = 805000 }
	name = "The Scourge of Plague Ends in Sitka"
	desc = "With prayer, and a dry spring and summer, good health has returned to the people of Sitka."
	date = { year = 1419 }
	offset = 1000
	deathdate = { year = 1820 }

action_a = {
		name = "Excellent"
		command = { type = provincetax which = 1 value = 2 }
		command = { type = provincemanpower which = 1 value = 2 }
	}
}

Completed the conversion of Burgundy and Brittany and Byzantium, which was also renumbered and was a lot of work. Letter C here I come ...

Still no word from Garbon about the arrival of the map, or even things like sea zones or a province.csv

I hope he hasn't abandoned the project ... :eek:

Blaster said:
well, hope u'll find out soon and let us now if he abandoned the project.

Aooarently he has not, which is a relief.

So, I am continuing to update event and other files.

MattyG said:
Aooarently he has not, which is a relief.

So, I am continuing to update event and other files.

Really great work that you are still continuing, even while all of us seem to have vanished.

If you have a working version finished, don't hesitate to send me a pm, I will certainly test it if I notice there's a new version, but I risk missing it :p

Avernite said:
Really great work that you are still continuing, even while all of us seem to have vanished.

If you have a working version finished, don't hesitate to send me a pm, I will certainly test it if I notice there's a new version, but I risk missing it :p

The map hasn't been finished. Until I receive the map (and associated files) all I can do is continue working on converting the events files across, which is a big job. I'm actually still on Byzantium, as I realized it needed a lot more work to convert it correctly, plus many of the events needed rewriting.

All-in-all we are a long way from a play-ready Interregnum 2.

Pressure Garbon to get a move on!