Internal Team : New Patch and Expansion Policy

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It has been said before, in this thread I think, but mods will have all sorts of neat options on what modules to require/include/exclude.

If the "true fan" subforums are definitely to be implemented (I don't think it's such a great idea), at least make those forums visible (as in read-only) to other "normal" fans. This way people could see what have been suggested for further development and how developers responded to those suggestions.

I totally favor expansions when it comes to DLC vs expansion debate, however with the way Paradox presents their mindset and their policy regarding DLC they plan to release in the future, I think this may work nicely. I'm not so sure about its effects on modding community though.

Im pretty concerned about all this and how complicated itll make things in practice, especially for mod makers and users.

Has there been any new developments or comments on this elsewhere since December? Or is still the plan for CK support?

The 'day 1 DLC' for CK2 is fairly underwhelming as well, I'm hoping this isn't indicative of things to come.

I haven't read the whole thread, but Johan's first post sounds awesome! Paradox seems to be doing their best to stay profitable without just "selling out" and selling watered-down, mass-market games like "Total War" or just focusing on consoles.

This is a great idea, and I hope its really successful!

Im pretty concerned about all this and how complicated itll make things in practice, especially for mod makers and users.

Has there been any new developments or comments on this elsewhere since December? Or is still the plan for CK support?

The 'day 1 DLC' for CK2 is fairly underwhelming as well, I'm hoping this isn't indicative of things to come.

Maybe they thougt about using STEAM workshop only at first?
Look after Minute 01:03 in this video about Skyrim modding how it could work for Paradox games too on STEAM too..
[video=youtube;udM4VvSL2VA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udM4VvSL2VA&feature=player_embedded#![/video]

Cheers,
Chromos

I would just like to thank Johan for the new idea behind the CKII release. Finally us early purchasers are getting rewarded!

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I assume that the modular expansions will be easy to disable or enable selectively for multiplayer games, in the case where some expansions might be common and the players would want to use them, but others either not wanted or only held by some of the players?

Edit - nm. I see this will be possible.

Last edited:
Hi,
maybe that is also a nice info in this thread.
As this info about the future plans of Paradox distribution channels and patching etc. could be shared more imho..
For some more info about:
- STEAM and plans around (from 3:35 on)

Just see here:
Ask Paradox Anything #2: Fred & Johan talk Babies, Secrets & Keith Richards
[video=youtube;CwfjMm3vaJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwfjMm3vaJo&context=C39fc289ADOEgsToPDskKvt6BXSB8xZk69Z_FyjL8D[/video]

:)

Cheers,
Chromos

Seeing how this is being implemented with CKII, now that its out and there are DLC's it works great!

There are some questions about using DLC material for CK2 on the modding forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?600749-DLC-and-mods...-an-issue&p=13703717#post13703717

I would like to derive some modded material from what is contained in the Mongol DLC but do not want to break any EULA (though as a GG user I never got one AFAIK). What if I wanted to recolor a Mongol man's shirt and put it in a mod for example.

Finally, a bit of confusion on my part about how to require a dlc for my mod to work. On the *.mod file, should the syntax be
Code:
dependencies = /dlc/dlc1.zip
Or something else. I am sorry for using this thread, but I wanted it to be on a subforum that would receive an official statement on the matter.

There are some questions about using DLC material for CK2 on the modding forum: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?600749-DLC-and-mods...-an-issue&p=13703717#post13703717

I would like to derive some modded material from what is contained in the Mongol DLC but do not want to break any EULA (though as a GG user I never got one AFAIK). What if I wanted to recolor a Mongol man's shirt and put it in a mod for example.

Finally, a bit of confusion on my part about how to require a dlc for my mod to work. On the *.mod file, should the syntax be
Code:
dependencies = /dlc/dlc1.zip
Or something else. I am sorry for using this thread, but I wanted it to be on a subforum that would receive an official statement on the matter.

Johan answered you in the thread.