• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DrakenLord

Second Lieutenant
33 Badges
Apr 11, 2010
  • King Arthur II
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Magicka 2
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Cities: Skylines
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Dungeonland
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
Well since most of us with performance issues seem to be on Windows 7 64bit, I want to try the game on windows XP.

Is there away to install it on the same machine parallel to windows 7 64bit?

Upvote 0
Nope. you need to format your HDD and install Windows XP. But backup your HDD with Acronis True Image or something before fomatting because you can't activate your Windows 7 again with your serial number. One serial number per one PC for Windows 7.

Windows 7 (legal copies) have built in XP Virtual Machine. Being a virtual machine however I doubt you can play the game very well.

You cannot install dual boot after the fact (without a 3rd party software), you have to install XP First, then Windows 7, and each need to be on its own partition (I.E. they cannot share a drive).

Ugh that's too bad.

I tried setting the properties from the shortcut to run it as windows XP but i don't have that option. I can either run it as windows vista or windows 2000...