• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(89400)

Recruit
3 Badges
Dec 22, 2007
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
In Korean wiodows, there's problem installing some Paradox games have file names with European characters like EU series. To solve this problem we generally change character set on Windows temporally, install & execute those games.

But the the best solution for this problem is not including those characters like é, ñ, ç, etc on game file names.

We suffers this for years, never changes :( even bought on steam or Praradox shop, never changes.

I downloaded East India Company beta from Fileplanet, have same problem this and cannot sure this causing crash when starting campaign.

* I didnt tested this on Windows Vista or 7, only XP.

Last edited:
I strongly doubt PI use any characters that are specific to europe like å, ö, ä, these are swedish characters by the way, since PI work in a very english business so I think the problems are in your computer. I fairly sure to say that Nitro games dont use country specific characters to, it would be rather counter productive to the aim to sell games.

I strongly doubt PI use any characters that are specific to europe like å, ö, ä, these are swedish characters by the way, since PI work in a very english business so I think the problems are in your computer. I fairly sure to say that Nitro games dont use country specific characters to, it would be rather counter productive to the aim to sell games.

I suggest you try before strongly doubting what he has posted :).
I had the same problem and I would like thank Nairrti for his post.

In my case I was running with my system unicode set to japanese and I tried to install eic with those settings, unfortunately I was unable to start the campaign or the tutorial number 2.
After reading his post I tried to set my system unicode to english(united state) and uninstalled eic and reinstalled. And to my surprise eic actually worked perfectly.
I tried to test it once more and set my system unicode back to japanese and uninstall and reinstall eic and again the game crashed at the loading screen of the campaign and on tutorial 2.

I doubt every asian user will think about this solution so it would be nice if this could be fixed before the release.

I doubt every asian user will think about this solution so it would be nice if this could be fixed before the release.

Hopefully they can come up with a fix or solution to this. I'd rather not have to change my settings from Japanese to English and vice versa all the time...

2ltop5w.jpg

This has same problem on Windows 7 also. Confirmed.

Last edited:
Okay first of all I wish to apologise to asian users, it is nothing wrong with your computers it is the game. Sorry!!!

I a bit surprised that a dev haven't said anything on the subject, the problem might not be fixable unless they get someone that will handle sales of PI games in asia and they do the localization.

Hi all,
this problem has been fixed in the first Patch that we will be releasing really soon. You just have to install the game despite the errors and then install the patch. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Juho / Nitro Games