• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

sir Eyeball

Lord Watcher
113 Badges
Feb 5, 2009
  • Starvoid
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sengoku
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Age of Wonders
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • 500k Club
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings Complete
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Surviving Mars
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
Originally Posted by Morbius221
I Rock. after 3 hours of re installing the f**king game and mod in different ways while occupying my self by watching tv to help the time pass, i figured it out how to make it work.
Mod looked to promising to give up.

- Make sure you have a clean copy of Rome Vae Victis.
- Find installation folder. For me with steam in windows 7 C:\Programfiles(86x)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Europa Universalis Rome
- Patch it to 3.36b (Copy and paste patch files over the game files which will include over writing them.)
- Here is the trick. Start the game after patch install and before you install mod. It gives the patch a chance to load up were it suppose to go.
- Extract Reign of the ancients mod files to desktop.
- copy files inside Reign of the ancients folder and paste them in the game directory which will include over writing files.
- In the game directory delete all of the contents of the Rome\Map\cache\ folder, except for the province_textures folder.
- Delete all the texture files from the Rome\Map\cache\province_textures folder, however keep the now empty texture folder inside the cache folder after deleting the texture files inside this folder.
- copy Reign of the ancients folder and Image file and paste it in the mod folder.
- Use your game launcher to start up. pick the Mod from the drop down list.
- Start the game. During load the game will load all the files you deleted and it will work.

I hope my effort helped others.

Did several test again and it worked following those steps.
good luck and enjoy the game.

Reactions:
It works! Thank you so much. I hope this gets stickied!

Wow this mod is pretty amazing, having one of the most intense fun games right now...thanks for finally updating the mod install instructions :)

Last edited:
It doesn't work for me. I've followed your instructions to the letter (at least I think so), but I don't get the mod from the drop down list (it only says default). When I launch the game however, it appears to be the mod (the map is different from the normal game, with way more provinces). When I start playing, the game crashes after about ten minutes. I really don't know what I did wrong. I hope you can help me.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Morbius221
I Rock. after 3 hours of re installing the f**king game and mod in different ways while occupying my self by watching tv to help the time pass, i figured it out how to make it work.
Mod looked to promising to give up.

- Make sure you have a clean copy of Rome Vae Victis.
- Find installation folder. For me with steam in windows 7 C:\Programfiles(86x)\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Europa Universalis Rome
- Patch it to 3.36b (Copy and paste patch files over the game files which will include over writing them.)
- Here is the trick. Start the game after patch install and before you install mod. It gives the patch a chance to load up were it suppose to go.
- Extract Reign of the ancients mod files to desktop.
- copy files inside Reign of the ancients folder and paste them in the game directory which will include over writing files.
- In the game directory delete all of the contents of the Rome\Map\cache\ folder, except for the province_textures folder.
- Delete all the texture files from the Rome\Map\cache\province_textures folder, however keep the now empty texture folder inside the cache folder after deleting the texture files inside this folder.
- copy Reign of the ancients folder and Image file and paste it in the mod folder.
- Use your game launcher to start up. pick the Mod from the drop down list.
- Start the game. During load the game will load all the files you deleted and it will work.

I hope my effort helped others.

Did several test again and it worked following those steps.
good luck and enjoy the game.

is that EU Rome patch? i thought the latest is 2.32, i can't find anything referencing 3.36b...