• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
You'd appreciate better encoding technics to avoid that :) the US had been reading all Japanese code messages for some time even before the war and happened to intercept one that described Yamamoto's final voyage ...

Given we have a spy network in the US, when would we know when the Americans are actually conducting a nuclear program?
? We already know that the Americans are conducting experiments with the nuclear technology, but I won't give you exact info about the reactor size etc., only info about techs that are being researched.

I also don't play to kill any of the players ;).

Hi unc15,

I'm glad that you are enjoying the AAR. ATM we don't need more player, i.e. we are full. Experiments with more than 4 players were rather unsuccessful, so the only thing I can do is to add you to the reserve players list.

The next update will bring mostly good news, for a change :). Some of them expected, some not. Unfortunately, I'm now in the middle of the exam period, so the update will be posted during Saturday or Sunday.

This is getting super exciting. My favorite AAR so far, you guys are good at making an interesting game.
I'm glad you like it. Personally, I think that the key to an interesting AAR is a real possibility of failure. It's 1943 and it's still far too early to say whether we will win or lose and what will the scale of our victory/defeat be. One of my favourite AARs is an old HOI2 AAR Democracy's Last Legs: A US - UK DAIM AAR, which involved crazy AI action and was so tense that every update felt like an another episode of a good TV series for me.

I can also tell you that the potential for failure is one of the reasons why Saithis' "Last Man and Shilling" is so interesting.

Phew! Finally finished reading through the Gameplay thread. Congratulations on an interesting concept for an AAR you've got going here. :cool:

Especially given how Japan seems to be bogged down with China quagmire.

I will be following this with great anticipation...

Chinese peace proposal...that's strange.

Unfortunately, I'm now in the middle of the exam period, so the update will be posted during Saturday or Sunday.

Don't sweat it mate. Take as much time as you need, we are only being armchair generals, it's not like we're in a rush to get anywhere. Plus Exams are more important than any game.

interesting dillema. accept and free up a ton of divisions for use against the US, or go for the kill, with all risks involved? I'd have a hard time deciding, personally.

interesting dillema. accept and free up a ton of divisions for use against the US, or go for the kill, with all risks involved? I'd have a hard time deciding, personally.
I'm just being evil by giving the chance of peace (or not? =>). I want the players to toy with this idea and see what they would be willing to accept, because obviously there are many factors to consider.

I wonder what we should use the army for if we were to accept peace in China.

Any news regarding naval successes from the Euro-Axis?

I wonder what we should use the army for if we were to accept peace in China.

Any news regarding naval successes from the Euro-Axis?

Well there is safety in Manchuria, a good portion may still be tied up in western China closing down the Burma road, so that's probally 2/3rds of the armed forces accounted for, with the rest playing garrison duty and a corps or two freed up for Sumatra, Java and Sulwasi(sp?) all in all, quite a good deal. The only thing is, what if the game does that annoying thing of a 'peace out' but later that nation joins the allies?

We would need a NAP to prevent this, but I doubt that the game would let us have a NAP just on its own.

Overrall I don't want a conditional peace that makes us loose face, or sets us up for a game engine stab.

2/3 for the Burma road and the rest of China? That's not too much frontage and it's all low infra anyway, so we can only deploy so many units.

We'll get another corps of mountaineers in a few months, that might free up another corps of regulars eventually. The infantry corps in Malaya needs to stay there (or be replaced by other forces) in order to safeguard Singapore and Malaya. The forces on Borneo can continue to occupy the island at their leisure but the SNLF must embark towards Sumatra and then Java.

Gensui Yamamoto, you are thinking about it in a wrong way. If we get conditional peace, it will be achieved by save-game editting or a custom decision. Of course the Chinese may betray us, depending on the in-game situation, but you don't have to worry about game mechanics problems with "peacing out".