Infinite Frontiers (eBook) DLC is not automatically acquired, when buying Galaxy Edition Upgrade Pack DLC on Steam

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Farbros

Major
16 Badges
Oct 11, 2019
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
Hello, recently I bought the new “Season 08”, and I've noticed that the “The Machine Age” DLC, which I had in my wishlist prior to that, disappeared from the list and was automatically acquired.

That discovery raised the question, why does Steam show “Infinite Frontiers (eBook)” as not owned, when it is included into “Galaxy Edition Upgrade Pack”?

screenshot.png

Because the Steam store is unable to integrate the contents of a bundle with the separate individual items of that bundle. You have not bought the separate SKU of the eBook, so it is shown as unowned. Instead you will have got it as part of the bundle instead.

I'm sure you will still have it in your file system, is that right?

Because the Steam store is unable to integrate the contents of a bundle with the separate individual items of that bundle. You have not bought the separate SKU of the eBook, so it is shown as unowned. Instead you will have got it as part of the bundle instead.

I'm sure you will still have it in your file system, is that right?
Yes, I do have it in my files. It is more about being aware, that you can accidentally buy it as a separate product and as an upgrade twice, which is not the case with Season 08 / The Machine Age.

It is more about being aware, that you can accidentally buy it as a separate product and as an upgrade twice, which is not the case with Season 08 / The Machine Age.
Only Steam can fix what their store considers you own or not. We've seen this many times over the years with many games!

You are welcome to lodge it as a bug with them, but as I say nothing's changed for quite some time in this area; maybe it's harder than it looks.