• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

al3lka

Sergeant
5 Badges
Nov 11, 2011
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Cities in Motion
  • Darkest Hour
  • Iron Cross
  • 500k Club
I want to ask about Infantry Brig. What is it for? I mean, I don't understand what the point to add them to my army. Other attachment have it's own benefit. Artillery to pound enemy soft targets, TD/ AT for destroy hard target, AA for air attack, etc. But inf? What for? Let say if my tanks or motorize or mec is vulnerable against infantry and need infantry protection, then I can understand. But, it don't seem so? I think the only div that can make use this Inf brig is only HQ.
Is there anyone out there use it or maybe explain to me what is it for?

Thanks.

Check the Inf. brigade in the production panel and see its exact benefits in numbers.

My oppinion is that it is not really usefull, but it's still better than nothing.
Reinforces your Inf divs when facing plain Infantry, but you could lose a lot of manpower if attacked by tanks though.
Better for underdeveloped and MP-rich countries.
I usually prefer AT and L.Art/H.Art for Infantry, sometimes AC
Engineers are good especially for MTN.
HQs always with AA if playing against AI...

I use them as police for anti-partisan duty. I like attaching that brigade to a motorized inf-div for fast deployment to provinces that need to be brought under control.

They are a cheap way to increase your Inf Division attack and defense. Basically if you ad a INF brigade to a 1939 Inf Div, it will preform as a 1941 division without incuring a movement penality like when you ad a Arty Brigade.

As with many other players I seldomly use them unless I am playing a minor nation.