• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gonzalotre

Private
Sep 9, 2016
I am completely new to CK2, but I have played a lot to other Paradox games. I dowloaded the free CK2 Vainilla game, to be ready for the launch of CK3 in september.

I have a problem. I begin with Leon Kingdom and make several holy wars over the Andalusian muslims. The problem I have is that when I attack the fourth time, the muslim, when I get to a 90% WS, converts to Christian and I lose the war -the was finishes in a white peace- as I don't have a land claim, but a faith claim.

Is there any way to impell the target converts to christian?

If I recall, If the targeted faith's moral authority (MA) is below 50% that decision becomes available. So try to only attack if Sunni is above 50% MA.

That said holy war CB is to convert infidels by force, not to take land. Once they have converted it's relatively slow (fabricated or marriage) claim wars from then on.

it's a handy thing to do if you're losing a religious war.

See if the newly-converted ruler's heir is christian. If not, murder the ruler and declare another holy war. (This is especially useful if the heir is a child, because children cannot take the "convert to attacker's religion" decision.)
...Or use the fact you and the ruler share a faith to marry into the Umayyad's family, and pick up a few claims for your dynasty that way.

• 1Like
Reactions:
...Or use the fact you and the ruler share a faith to marry into the Umayyad's family, and pick up a few claims for your dynasty that way.

Well, yeah, sure, but that's a long-term strategy that's also somewhat risky. (What if they don't have kids? What if the Umayyad dies before his father, so no claim is passed into your dynasty? Etc. I find that you need at least 2 dynastic marriages to be reasonably sure of bringing any particular claim/bloodline into your family - and, even then, it takes decades to see a payoff.)

On the other hand, murder pays off immediately ;-)