I'm having a hard time killing healer rogues with a bow

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CaptainChiatrol

Captain
97 Badges
May 24, 2012
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Impire
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • King Arthur II
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Lead and Gold
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Heir to the Throne
  • March of the Eagles
  • Pirates of Black Cove
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Dungeonland
  • East India Company Collection
  • War of the Roses
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Europa Universalis III
I've been playing as dungeon maestro a lot and things go fine sometimes the players do really well but if a party has two rogues with a bow both healing the party on crits on normal I can't do enough damage to take anyone out ever even if I'm a powerful elite from a full evil bar and I'm just spamming attack on one of the rogues with stuns (assuming I get a troll) the crit heals will generally overpower the damage.

Is there a problem with healer perk and the promised crit of a charged bow or is it just me?

Archers with the healer perk do feel a bit too good at the moment. Especially with evasive, which lets you roll 10 times staying invulnerable for the entire duration so even if you get split up from the group you can just easily roll all the way back, as well as just making you a pain in the ass to kill in general. I'm not very well versed with being the dungeon maestro, I've only looked at the spells and such but I normally play as a hero, and archer just seems like flat out the best way of supporting a group at the moment. The only thing he can't do is throw out a quick instant reflex heal or give any invulnerability but everything else he is REALLY strong at.

As far as killing them, Imps can be alright as they don't take a hit from the front because of their shield so they can't be crit until they get either hit from the back, or lose their shield. A very large number of bees I think would also be alright, as archers do need to charge up their shot first. Forcing rolls and movement out of them should slow down the healing a bit. Even Archer healing can't stand up to multiple quick successive bee hits in harder difficulties.

Like I say I'm no experienced dungeon maestro, but it's a few things that immediately came to mind. I'm sure there are other and better ways of dealing with it out there.

However you do it, for the most part its just about overwhelming them (which is easier said than done) but it's the kind of thing that makes me think this game is designed around the top difficulty, because certain builds just make a mockery of anything you can throw at them in lower difficulties because the monsters die too fast and are too few in number to realistically threaten stuff like this for even one life let alone three.

EDIT: I guess ducks can do well too but evasive makes a complete joke out of ducks because you can just keep rolling around, completely invincible until the spin stops, so it's a bit reliant on them not having that.

Last edited: