• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Ethan194

Colonel
53 Badges
Jan 28, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Knights of Honor
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
. Scenarios 1861 House divivded 1881 A place in the sun 1914 The war to end all wars
that would be an amazing adition to the game.

. Fixing the crazy indian imigration like bengali being a majority in some parts of canada and australia for example.

. More realistic railroad so they dont get built everywere realy quickly.

New scenarios are not going to happen.

shouldnt they fix the existing problems before any expansions come out.

As suggested a million times before, Acquire Core CB only acquiring provinces with your cores in it. So if Egypt wants to take back their cores in Ankara, they only acquire Egyptian Ankara, and not the entire region. It still uses the region system, just takes the cores in that region and not the entire thing.

Well, if we're talking baout another patch, all I can say is:

Rebalance Europe; no more French and Austrian domination, no permanent british dominatio. A BALANCE of power would be nice.

Fix the constant Franco-Prussian wars.

Give little Denmark a chance to hold on to its land.

Fix the remaining few bugs (which I'm sure exist, I just can't recall any of them)

After that there should be an expansion. Local markets would be a nice addition...

Because the devs said they didn't think all the research that needs to be done for a new scenario is worth it, since the majority will only play the grand campagne anyway.

What are the new expansions?

Planned economy gets to buy domestically-produced things before they get sent to the world market. This one change would add so much more depth to the game, and it would finally give players a reason to want planned economy.

shouldnt they fix the existing problems before any expansions come out.

This. Being currently unable to build half of the land units, I feel extremely uneasy about throwing another batch of money into this game. I'm not even mentioning that currently there is no Springtime of Nations to speak of, or AI hardly using wargoals for anything that's not a random land grab. I lost all hope that it will be fixed in vanilla. But seriously, at least major bugs should be fixed before the expansion, otherwise it's like a patch that we have to buy.

I think there are still far too many things badly screwed in Vicky 2 to introduce new features that would invariably be screwed up. Profit-maximization still works very poorly, which means that production of many resources and goods is poorly balanced.

Some User Interface proposals:

The Generals Menu should be more User friendly. if theres a General who is clearly better than another one, the better one should be able to be put on top of the list.

A button to automaticly expand factories.

A list for Provinces and buildings, where you can build them, just like in EU3.

Save the preferences for the Ctrl + 1 etc. shortcuts for selected Units in the save file. (actually not sure about it in Victoria 2 but in EU3 you had to put in the shortcuts every time again when you restarted the game.)

make it possible to decide after which time the small notices (the icons) on the side of your screen should automaticly disappear, so you don't have to click on every single one of them if you would prefer them to go away on themselves after some time.

On the Infrastructure Mapmode, it would be cool to see a certain colour for every stage the railroad has in every province. Right now you just see if its up to date, in the same beige colour over and over again. Would be cool to see it to progress from level 1 to maximum level and also see the colours of provinces outside your country aswell, so you can compare it. This information is public since you can see it when you click on a province outside your Country, and it would give more variaty to what could be an awesome indicator on how the advancement progresses in the world. Could be even as interesting as the political mapmode from an infrastructural point of view.

also, would it break the gamebalance if you would allow Regiments to recruit out of a region other than a single province? I think it could improve the mechanics of recruitment and manpower, but I'm not sure about the ingame consequences of this.

last but not least, would it possible to put the actual country name to the country tag in the savegame file? I'm sure I'm doing it wrong, but right now I have to search for example for the name of some prussian general, to find the non-human prussia in the save file. If it was just like the province names, it would be perfect.

sidenote: also some sort of Aggressive-AI button maybe could be fun too. :D

ps: would it be possible to create a sphere of influence worldmap where you can see the greatpowers and in whose sphere other countries are.

I think thats it, thanks!

the promised ability to convert a V2 game to HOI3.