• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

el_zilcho321

Kernel
14 Badges
Jan 24, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris
I think it would be great to have a new feature which would really bring life to the risks of revolutions. It would work like a normal crisis, a rebel faction would call for their demands and the timer would start. Over the course of the timer, there could be events with workers going on strike, or destroying railways or closing factories. Also, other parties may join the rebel faction, for example as Russia there may be Communists rebels calling for a communist government and perhaps they would let the Polish nationalists help them fight the Tsar in return for an independent Poland. It would help make rebellions more of a threat if factions could help each other out.

The army would also play a role in it. The generals could back the rebels and fight with them and demand the rebel's desires to be done or they could chose to stay neutral (like in the Kapp Putsch). There are so many possibilities as to how the army or general people react to the rebel faction growing. You could have situations like Kornilov in 1917 where the workers halted trains carrying rebel soldiers or the Kapp Putsch where the government called for people to stop work to oust the government.

You could try to sort out the rebels before they strike and offer them some concessions which may break their numbers, for example if there is a communist faction growing you could offer to make several social reforms which would not stop the faction but would lower its numbers. And other countries could fund the rebels, giving them more organization and brigades.

Also, when revolution does break out the faction should become an independent state and should instantly seize captured provinces. It should have the AI to consolidate its forces rather than leaving brigades scattered across the country, which could easily be destroyed by the loyal stacks.

So, what do you think?

I think it would be great to have a new feature which would really bring life to the risks of revolutions. It would work like a normal crisis, a rebel faction would call for their demands and the timer would start. Over the course of the timer, there could be events with workers going on strike, or destroying railways or closing factories. Also, other parties may join the rebel faction, for example as Russia there may be Communists rebels calling for a communist government and perhaps they would let the Polish nationalists help them fight the Tsar in return for an independent Poland. It would help make rebellions more of a threat if factions could help each other out.

The army would also play a role in it. The generals could back the rebels and fight with them and demand the rebel's desires to be done or they could chose to stay neutral (like in the Kapp Putsch). There are so many possibilities as to how the army or general people react to the rebel faction growing. You could have situations like Kornilov in 1917 where the workers halted trains carrying rebel soldiers or the Kapp Putsch where the government called for people to stop work to oust the government.

You could try to sort out the rebels before they strike and offer them some concessions which may break their numbers, for example if there is a communist faction growing you could offer to make several social reforms which would not stop the faction but would lower its numbers. And other countries could fund the rebels, giving them more organization and brigades.

Also, when revolution does break out the faction should become an independent state and should instantly seize captured provinces. It should have the AI to consolidate its forces rather than leaving brigades scattered across the country, which could easily be destroyed by the loyal stacks.

So, what do you think?
Good idea.

Could work. I do see a problem however with how the new Revolution state would work and how some types of Rebels (ex. Nationalists) might try to recreate the country.

I do think something about rebels needs to change to make them more of a threat, heck I can lose all my provinces except my capital and still survive.

I think all rebels in a province moving to centralised locations to make larger stacks would help, so if there are 4 provinces in a state all the rebels move to one province.

Could work. I do see a problem however with how the new Revolution state would work and how some types of Rebels (ex. Nationalists) might try to recreate the country.

What do you mean by "try to recreate the country"?

I like this idea, though it would be a lot cooler if Vicky ever got ministers. One can only dream though.

sound like it could work as a civil war kind of thing, i think before they can do this they need to have lets say at least 25%-35% of the population of their side before they can break away and start a civil war so that it doesent happen to oftern.

Maybe the trigger can be once a certain percentage of the country is in rebel hands. This way just defending your capital till you recover the initative is no longer enough.

Say if 25% of the country falls to rebels the country basically erupts into a civil war.

It would certainly make rebellions in your colonies mean more, yes I am looking at you communist held India that stays that way for a decade.