• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

makaramus

Field Marshal
65 Badges
Apr 17, 2017
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
I want to play a game where I want to spread my dynasty all over world. as king, emperor or even a baron if must be.
I did someting smiler as jyland at vikings age with not switching from gavelkind and spamming invasion cb
wanted to know if there is someting smiler I can do? While waiting started at charl. as ragnar.

I figured the quickest way should be by playing as shortlived ruler with Alexanders blood thus you can use the Invasion every few decades while conquering all that Land for your family.

I figured the quickest way should be by playing as shortlived ruler with Alexanders blood thus you can use the Invasion every few decades while conquering all that Land for your family.
When you have Alexander's blood, you should land all your kids (and matri-marry daughters). They can use invasions too!
In my last game, I had huge empire, but I wasn't attacking anyone because of huge threat (98%). And the threat wasn't decaying, because my vassals kept invading everyone and making my empire even bigger.

You could also play the marriage game and try to get your dynasty on all the thrones that way, just remember to always matri-marry your daughters. Best is to invite guys with a claim to your court, marry them to your daughters and then press their claim so that their descendents will be of your dynasty.

You could also play the marriage game and try to get your dynasty on all the thrones that way, just remember to always matri-marry your daughters. Best is to invite guys with a claim to your court, marry them to your daughters and then press their claim so that their descendents will be of your dynasty.
The problem I always run into when I do this is that my newly installed matri-married man (or regular-married woman) sometimes refuses to make an alliance and is quickly deposed by a faction.

Try gifting him or stuff while he or she is still in your court (cheaper that way), then try "sway" once they're in power if they still don't want an alliance. Or try if you can join their war without the alliance. And rebels are hostile to everyone so you can just defeat them with your own armies even if you couldn't join their war. If you yourself are an emperor and you married them to one of your close family members, that should also have given them some prestige that will help them stay in the saddle. But yes, can be tricky.

Having a religion or culture that allows raids is also a great way to intervene in wars. You become hostile to anyone you raid for 180 days. If you raid and siege down a castle that has been captured by the other side it will free it. If you siege down their enemy's holdings it makes it trivial for them to take it. As long as you don't wind up leading the siege your raiders can also help them capture holdings (works best when assisting your own vassals).

Even if you can't raid, you probably still have a higher supply limit in your dynasts's territory than their enemy does (neutral vs hostile holdings and probably better tech). A large "neutral" army following their attack force around and causing them to take attrition generally forces the AI to keep moving its army, reducing their numbers while preventing them from capturing territory. It can give your dynast time to catch up.