I played Jap and found CHI got almost infinite lend lease from SOV and US. Is that really reasonable?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
We do have international market. Does lend lease policy need rework? Coutries can obtain equipments without any cost.

No. I play Manchukuo. I need both. They have change the system many time. In the old days i got 10-20k rifles, 100+ airplaines and 100+ transportships from germany, italy and hungary. Alternate fewer from Spain, Venezuela, El Savador, Peru and with the last update when i play the focus right from France and the USA. Then come the first chance and Italy became stingy = spain civil war. Germany was a Diva before. As puppet i can't ask. I must get what they give. I get now 1000+. Some time the ai know correctly what you know. Later they give more as you need. But Germany know every time what you get from all other too and cancel fast.

With the market system it need times for landlease. Most countrys need wolrd tension from 50-70. France = 30. In the old days i get from germany 1937/ 38 my first land lease. With the new system France and USA offer the first cargo springtime 39. But only with focus. Germany summer 39. Focus is here no more helpfull.

In my actually game i watch that china buy from the iraq market. No landleasing at may 1939. And dont forget in the 39 China has a deficit from 10 - 20000 rifles. Attrition work in both directions.

1713608736438.png
1713608858191.png
1713609874336.png

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
We do have international market. Does lend lease policy need rework? Coutries can obtain equipments without any cost.
Free lend lease did happen in real-life.

For the period of 1937-1941 the USSR delivered 1285 aircraft (of them, 777 fighters, 408 bombers, 100 training), 1600 artillery, 82 T-26 light tanks, 14,000 machine guns and 1850 trucks & tractors. 6 months after the Soviet lend-lease started, they loaned 50 million USD to the Kuomintang, which means prior to that it was basically free.

Reactions:
conquering china with japan is basically free if you do naval invade and a bit of micro...until you get to the western part. almost no supply hubs there (seems unreasonable that even the few population centers weren't given one), so you will have to play around that limitation. it's the hardest part of the war.

china is the rare area where fake supply hubs are really noticeable and bad. you push into one and then it disappears. lame.

Reactions:
conquering china with japan is basically free if you do naval invade and a bit of micro...until you get to the western part. almost no supply hubs there (seems unreasonable that even the few population centers weren't given one), so you will have to play around that limitation. it's the hardest part of the war.

china is the rare area where fake supply hubs are really noticeable and bad. you push into one and then it disappears. lame.
Japan did not fully conquer China. I think supply problems is a way to represent the problems the Japanese historically had when advancing deeper in China.

• 2Like
Reactions:

Don't forget that river supply exists. Once you control those disconnected hubs to the west, they will be supplied along major rivers.

If you mean the fake capital hub in Shanxi, yeah, that's a little silly

Reactions:
Don't forget that river supply exists. Once you control those disconnected hubs to the west, they will be supplied along major rivers.

If you mean the fake capital hub in Shanxi, yeah, that's a little silly
yeah was referring to when nations get a freebie hub from cap that can disappear in an instant

river supply is fine (but for japan you can also just build rails fast enough), problem is more so there's an area in far west where you don't get a hub to reach last areas of victory points, so have to play around that. maybe not intuitive but special forces are the easiest way to get that done. either via paradrop, or just taking a general trait that gives +240h supply grace letting you reach them more easily.

Free lend lease did happen in real-life.

For the period of 1937-1941 the USSR delivered 1285 aircraft (of them, 777 fighters, 408 bombers, 100 training), 1600 artillery, 82 T-26 light tanks, 14,000 machine guns and 1850 trucks & tractors. 6 months after the Soviet lend-lease started, they loaned 50 million USD to the Kuomintang, which means prior to that it was basically free.
However, china can possibly get all these equipments, delivered in 4 years in history, within a month in hoi4.

However, china can possibly get all these equipments, delivered in 4 years in history, within a month in hoi4.
So? That's for the player to decide. USSR could have also sent even more equipment, in theory.

The concern here was that "could USSR send major equipment shipments to China" and historically they were able to. There is no limitation in how big those shipments would be.

Japan did not fully conquer China. I think supply problems is a way to represent the problems the Japanese historically had when advancing deeper in China.
And may be not give japan insane bonuses against China with a few button clicks.

I recently played with Japan on vanilla, ironman. Rushed Marco Polo, turned all of my divisions to infantry, waited out the escalations and attacked only when I has Ichigo. Capitulated China by the end of 38, no special forces, no naval invasions, no collabs, just battleplan.

Hopefully they will make it more interesting with the rework.

• 1Like
Reactions:
And may be not give japan insane bonuses against China with a few button clicks.

I recently played with Japan on vanilla, ironman. Rushed Marco Polo, turned all of my divisions to infantry, waited out the escalations and attacked only when I has Ichigo. Capitulated China by the end of 38, no special forces, no naval invasions, no collabs, just battleplan.

Hopefully they will make it more interesting with the rework.
Wait...if you rush Marcopolo and ichigo...you conquer them easy?

Yep, they have a huge equipment shortage at the beginning of the game, you also get the 12 divisions from your puppets so you have 3 full armies. By the time you get Ichigo you will fill some of your gun shortage and the AI bashes against your defences anyway.

Just try it, there's no point in attacking them while you are at a disadvantage.

Yep, they have a huge equipment shortage at the beginning of the game, you also get the 12 divisions from your puppets so you have 3 full armies. By the time you get Ichigo you will fill some of your gun shortage and the AI bashes against your defences anyway.

Just try it, there's no point in attacking them while you are at a disadvantage.
this mean i can end in war with usa (because Ichi go need war with usa) and i can rolldown the China and USA easy? WOW...