• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Jazzoid

Transport Coordinator
20 Badges
Feb 16, 2011
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Prison Architect
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • 500k Club
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong
  • Cities: Skylines
  • King Arthur II
Well, it looks we won't get even the last update I thought we'll get. It makes me really sad, because all the time I was apologizing your bugs in the game when any of my friends asked. But when I was still saying, that you will surely fix the rear of custom metro trains, fix the pathfinding so the traffic jams won't occur, fixing capacities (because 12m bus having the same capacity as 20m is just retarded), and so on... my friends stared to think I'm payed by you! But all we got was vehicles DLC. Sure, I've bought them all, but because I thought it will support and motivate you to make patches for us. But it didn't happen.

Despite the facts none of the main bugs was fixed, I still have 961 hours played at my Steam account (does anybody here have more?). But why? Because I had to replace your mistakes by my own (rewrite capacities by myself with vehicle editor by immi, name every single vehicle to recognize the type of vehicle, name every single stop manually) and thanks to eis_os' bundle patches and CiM2PatchPlus.

I've always thought you are the developer, who likes to get input from community. That's awesome, but could you PLEASE add new features to current game and not in the next game as you always did? CiM1 was great, but all vehicles stacked upon themselves after a while, which made the game kind of unplayable. You didn't actually fix anything there. The CiM1 trolleybuses were a joke (how is that possible, that the Russian community could made a million times better overhead wires?). And how did you fix that? You've released a brand new game! CiM2 was awesome in some ways too, but the thing you've released when the game got out was just beta. And I still feel like playing a beta of CiM2 and no "CiM2 1.0" will be ever coming, because you've decided to make Cities: Skylines. Hey, it's your choice, but I am expecting you to make a DLC called "Cities in Motion", where we'll get more transport options.

I know, you will say Paradox is making you do this. Why didn't you go to Kickstart Cities: Skylines to be free? A lot of people will fund you if you'll make the game good.

I am your fan since the open beta of Cities in Motion 1. I participated in the CiM2 alpha and beta. I've made a lot of my friends buy your games. But I will not buy Cities: Skylines. Not because I don't like the citybuilding genre. It's because I finally see how you make your games and I guess that Cities: Skylines will have the same life-cycle as both CiMs.

• 3Like
Reactions:
FacebookLikeButton1.jpg

I feel the same way OP. I love transport games and everything about well made ones, the strategy, the satisfaction of seeing your plans turn out and how they work and function.

What's the point in it if the game doesn't even work properly to get you that satisfaction? You end up with an unfulfilling, lazy cash cow with DLC that probably took a day to make being sold for silly money. They don't bother fixing bugs because once you've bought the game you've fallen for their trap and it doesn't matter at that point.

I would be happy even if the game were moddable, modders would do a far better job than the devs of this game :(

I would even pay for good mods, not the superficial DLC we get as crumbs thrown at us.

Edit: I know it seems I'm being bitchy but they don't listen to their supposed target audience or play their own game it seems. I wish we could chose to allow vehichles to fully-load at a stop before moving, or control speed limit areas of train tracks and have signals. Everything in this game felt CLOSE to being good, but like it was rushed and that cost the game a LOT of quality and depth which just isnt't here.

Reactions:
I feel the same. It's really sad to see a lot of people once really excited about the game now feeling let down and betrayed. I know you will not comment on this because you only comment on positive stuff. I will never buy anything produced by Paradox or developed by CO.

Well said iains and jasiekzar. When I first heard about CiM I fell in love. Then CiM2 was being heralded and for the first time ever I pre-purchased a game. There was a small handful of things players complained about consistently and loudly. One of the biggest complaints was pathfinding. Instead of saying we are sorry but there is nothing we can do, or better we are working to change it, they swore up and down that it was working according to specs.

Personally, to me, the reason to play the game was creating schedules. Something CO touted the game would be about ("Contend with day night cycles, dynamic cities and more. Organize timetables to bring order out of chaos.") Yet they later said the CIMs did not even bother to read the schedules and instead used average wait time. Well between a lack of schedules and a crappy pathfinding system, what was the point of the game?

Well finally, it looks like 'you can cry, we have your money, so nothing else matters' :p

Could You say us about current progress or ... something? Show ppl some kind of understanding?

Well said iains and jasiekzar. When I first heard about CiM I fell in love. Then CiM2 was being heralded and for the first time ever I pre-purchased a game. There was a small handful of things players complained about consistently and loudly. One of the biggest complaints was pathfinding. Instead of saying we are sorry but there is nothing we can do, or better we are working to change it, they swore up and down that it was working according to specs.

Personally, to me, the reason to play the game was creating schedules. Something CO touted the game would be about ("Contend with day night cycles, dynamic cities and more. Organize timetables to bring order out of chaos.") Yet they later said the CIMs did not even bother to read the schedules and instead used average wait time. Well between a lack of schedules and a crappy pathfinding system, what was the point of the game?

Yeah, it's funny how after like 20 years transport tycoon is still the best transport sim with the most depth out there. It's not just about watching busses and trains move it's about making a network.

And as a further slap in the face, they have just released the CIM2 soundtrack on steam for 4.99.
Aw I would have paid more for the CD so I could listen to it in my car and at parties :(

Reactions:
I felt betrayed too, when i first got the game i was troubled by all the bugs and believed that the Devs would have fixed all the problems, so i supported them, but now i know that they weren't really interested anymore since they spent their time working on Cities Skylines, and then what really pissed me off is their lack off support for the CIM2 by just dropping it over the summer. Surprise, surprise folks. At least give us what we been asking for before moving on. Just for a heads up, I will no longer purchase any of their future titles. You guys better warn the Skyline players the kind of company they are buying from.

By the way, where is that "last" update they mentioned back in august? Is there any news about that, or has it been dropped as well?

Reactions:
The biggest problem I have with the situation here is that there is so much potential in the game and that given how far they are in development of Cities Skylines already is so short after CiM2s release it's totally clear that development of it started the same day that CiM2 was released.

This means that instead of even considering an expansion or fixing the more serious issues all development of CiM2 was abandoned, did it really sell that badly?

So instead it seems like plan B started = content DLCs that are super cheap to make and bring in lots of money. I do hope Paradox that you realize that people are counting on that the revenues you get from DLCs are reinvested in development of the game, and when that does not happen you are actually miliking your core fans long term trust for a little short term money. Do you think it makes business sense to turn the people that used to spread the word about your games to all their friends into people that mostly feel betrayed and that you used their trust to make a quick buck?

Yeah, it's funny how after like 20 years transport tycoon is still the best transport sim with the most depth out there. It's not just about watching busses and trains move it's about making a network.

Have you looked at Train fever? It has most features of transport tycoon, a little rough interface/learning curve but also lots of potential and developers that actually care about longer term support and are committed to releasing expansions and improvements ( crowd-funded indie developers ). I played 60+ hours on steam at least so far.

Reactions:
The biggest problem I have with the situation here is that there is so much potential in the game and that given how far they are in development of Cities Skylines already is so short after CiM2s release it's totally clear that development of it started the same day that CiM2 was released.

This means that instead of even considering an expansion or fixing the more serious issues all development of CiM2 was abandoned, did it really sell that badly?

So instead it seems like plan B started = content DLCs that are super cheap to make and bring in lots of money. I do hope Paradox that you realize that people are counting on that the revenues you get from DLCs are reinvested in development of the game, and when that does not happen you are actually miliking your core fans long term trust for a little short term money. Do you think it makes business sense to turn the people that used to spread the word about your games to all their friends into people that mostly feel betrayed and that you used their trust to make a quick buck?
Paradox is no different really to any other big publisher like EA; they rely on purposefully leaving things out of the original game then charging us extra money for features as "DLC". I mean a transport sim released with like, 2 trains as a full game? I knew they weren't going to let us have variation without paying extra. Did you see the price of Crusader Kings 2 with all the dlc? It was in the hundreds! I think a days work for these people is typing 1 line of code lol.

Have you looked at Train fever? It has most features of transport tycoon, a little rough interface/learning curve but also lots of potential and developers that actually care about longer term support and are committed to releasing expansions and improvements ( crowd-funded indie developers ). I played 60+ hours on steam at least so far.
Yeah, I was really looking forward to it for like a year. It has lots of potential, but I'm kind of disapointed with the amount of bugs and how unstable the game is, I think it was released in an unfinished state so I REALLY hope the devs fix things and improve it, or allow modders to fix things. It definately has lots of potential, since there are signals and stuff which could let us make proper and complex train networks. Definately excited over any improvements coming for it