• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
did you download off steam or gamers gate? i don't know steam, but you can download and install from GG as many times as you need once you buy the game. your reg number doesn't change.

i would try to uninstall the game again, just to make sure nothing was missed. then re dl and try again.

let me know what happens

Unfortunately it's a PC DVD puchased as a gift. Uninstall is not a choice. Install is my only option and it will not let me complete the installation. It continues to tell me that the serial number is already registered.

can you use the windows 'add/remove software' wizard in the control panel to uninstall it? then try to install. sounds like EIC is ion the registry. but that shouldn't stop you from reloading it.
unless... i don't know if the dvd had any drm on it, but that might be a problem.

also, you might want to re-open this thread in the main forum or in the tech support forum. FAQ isn't reall y the place where anyone who knows better than me might look.