• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Lebenstodalth

Private
3 Badges
Apr 29, 2024
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
I bought CK3 on XBOX (pc) with dlcs, i played a bit.

The problem occured when i tried to download mods. Even tho i linked my xbox account to my paradox account, paradox doesn't see that i bought the game so it's not in my library (i have other games on steam and i can see them in my paradox library)

and because it's not in my library, i can't sub to mods. Did this happened to anyone? how did you manage to overcome it? I need mods and i can't sub them. How can i convince paradox that i have the game lol.

it appears like this. New
1714422113483.png
1714422125430.png

Based on the screenshots:

Mods are required to be added to a playset and these playsets need to be named. Only then can mods be added to these. After that the playset should also be able to be set to be the active playset.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Based on the screenshots:

Mods are required to be added to a playset and these playsets need to be named. Only then can mods be added to these. After that the playset should also be able to be set to be the active playset.
as you can see, i am not able to create playsets. i have my playsets on game, but in website it also doesn't show. I'm trying to create one on the website, but it doesn't allow me since it's not clickable.

Moved to correct forum.

Even tho i linked my xbox account to my paradox account, paradox doesn't see that i bought the game so it's not in my library (i have other games on steam and i can see them in my paradox library)
MS provide no way of syncing game ownership with external accounts such as your Paradox account. Only Steam do that. So non-Steam games and DLCs will never ever show there; that is not the cause of your problem.

and because it's not in my library, i can't sub to mods. Did this happened to anyone? how did you manage to overcome it? I need mods and i can't sub them. How can i convince paradox that i have the game lol.
You do not need them to show in your Paradox account to sub to mods. You just go to mods.paradoxplaza.com and sub to them there.

THEN they should appear in your launcher, to be added to playsets there.

Do the mod files end up in Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mods/folder?

Well, I don't know what is causing this to you. Can you do a test install of the game on some other computer please? This is to see if this problem is confined to this one machine, or perhaps some more general or account problem.

Really, so you get no mods on a different computer too? That's unexpected I have to say; hard to see what the problem could be then. Especially as you say it works with HOI4.

Is your HOI4 a MS/gamepass edition or Steam?

Really, so you get no mods on a different computer too? That's unexpected I have to say; hard to see what the problem could be then. Especially as you say it works with HOI4.

Is your HOI4 a MS/gamepass edition or Steam?
yes, it's on steam but for the record i tried to whole unlink xbox acc and link it to a new paradox acc. thing, it also didn't work

Ah, okay, so the HOI4 comparison doesn't help us.

This could be a Microsoft account permissions issue. Please try this:

1. go to account.xbox.com and log in there with your MS/Xbox account
2. Click on Privacy Settings
3. Scroll down and make sure that "see and upload community creations" is set to EVERYONE
4. check all the other settings in that page, see if any may be preventing your MS account from playing MP

Good luck with that!

3. Scroll down and make sure that "see and upload community creations" is set to EVERYONE
4. check all the other settings in that page, see if any may be preventing your MS account from playing MP

Good luck with that!
hello again, i tried this, it was open already

Good luck with that!
btw, i tried manually downloading them too. I watched a billions of videos about how to do it (there are only few lol) aand it didn't work.
My conclusion is that, it is because i have one drive (i hate you windows)

appearently, our lovely old "documents" file is located on onedrive, not users. I don't know why and how but it downloads everything there. That might be the problem? idk but i feel frusturated. Is there a way for me to show you that i bought the game and u add it to my paradox account, i mean on library? i am really sick of trying new things.

Is there a way for me to show you that i bought the game and u add it to my paradox account, i mean on library?
There is not, aside from buying a Steam version from somewhere.

appearently, our lovely old "documents" file is located on onedrive, not users. I don't know why and how but it downloads everything there. That might be the problem?
If you didn't actually want your documents held on the MS cloud, you can change the Windows settings accordingly. Right click on Documents in the left column of File Explorer, just under This PC there. Go to properties, location - that's where you can change it to point to the old default location C:/users/{userName}/Documents